support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

This is me

ilovebech

Hallo everybody, no, I'm not Dr Nick, I'm a 70ish soprano player who lives in Stafford, and I have been playing saxes on and off(mostly off) since I was 16. Favorite players are Sidney Bechet, Johnny Hodges,and Parker. Have played in bands, and I would like to again, before I'm really too old.I have alto and soprano saxes.

Hi, and welcome from a near local (I'm over near Rugeley/Lichfield),

If you ever fancy dropping by give me a shout - if you fancy some quartet playing I may be able to help...?

Cheers,

Nick

Hi and welcome to the cafe. Hodges and Parker, good choice for listening.

Phil

Welcome. One of our best tenor soloist just had a 90th birthday. That is the beauty of music...never to old to pick it up yet again. You have at least 30 more years to enjoy!

Welcome to the caff, ilovebech.

Bechet, Hodges and Parker eh?
Always admired Parker's driving as did Lady Penelope.

Forgot to add:-ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. You are nowhere near too old! I play in a sax ensemble on Monday nights. I'm 60, and two others are 70-ish too. We get the lead or hard harmony parts mostly and let the youngsters tag along. Our leader is about 75 and still quite a player.

I'll endorse your sax greats. Bechet was majestic and doesn't get much of a mention on here. I don't believe anyone, and I include Coltrane and Shorter among others, has ever come within blowing distance of him on soprano.
YC

Hi there - Hodges my absolute all time favourite - welcome to the cafe - sit relax and have a coffee :)

Thanks to all,my playing is severly limited because I don't read,at least I don't sight read,and I have no real desire to learn,but I love playing,and I love the soprano sax.My best horn is a Hanson tipped bell, it really is great !

Welcome to the Cafe ilovebech.

Never, never, never in the field of human endeavor is anybody, to OLD to do anything IMHO.

I have the same combination (sop & alto)

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.....like there's no tommorrow.....as one day there will be no tamora!

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu:mrcool

Hi ilovebech

Welcome from sunny Manchester and thanks for introducing me to Bechet and Hodges I'm listening as I write,you can learn something every day.John

Welcome ilovebech! Do you prefer a curved or straight piano?

♪♫ Glad you're here! ♪♫

Hi from Leicester. I've not long started playing soprano, so maybe I'll come running to you for advice.

I was at Stafford showground last October taking photos for the Jobeky drum fair - hoping to be there again in May.

Welcome from Nanaimo, BC . Across the water from the 2010 Olympics!!!! Keep playing sax it lasts longer than most things at my age of 69:mrcool

Sut mae, ILB, a Croeso i'r Caffi Sacsafon o Skabertawe! :w00t::welldone

Have you heard the latest Gilad Atzmon CD - "In Loving Memory of America" about Parker or Courtney Pine's recent tribute to Sidney Bechet? I have the former - great player!

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Button Free Tenor Sax Man!

Hallo everybody, no, I'm not Dr Nick, I'm a 70ish soprano player who lives in Stafford, and I have been playing saxes on and off(mostly off) since I was 16. Favorite players are Sidney Bechet, Johnny Hodges,and Parker. Have played in bands, and I would like to again, before I'm really too old.I have alto and soprano saxes.

You may want to look up the Bridgtown Concert Show Band in Cannock. Really friendly little band. Contact Shaun Middleton, [smidd1@yahoo.co.uk] or look on http://www.amateurorchestras.org.uk/oheart.htm

Back
Top Bottom