All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

These Bloody Wars...Original By Jewel Ambient Jazz Duo.....

Mike

I really don't know what to think of it other than this is your personal interpretation of the
bombing of Guernica, Spain, depicted in illustration by Picasso, entitled 'Guernica'

Later on, a German soldier had asked Picasso if he did this, and Picasso replied...."No, you did!"

Nice that you showed another element of yourself.....
Odd that you would put up something pertaining to Picasso....

Last edited by a moderator:

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
I really don't know what to think of it other than this is your personal interpretation of the
bombing of Guernica, Spain, depicted in illustration by Picasso, entitled 'Guernica'

Later on, a German soldier had asked Picasso if he did this, and Picasso replied...."No, you did!"

Nice that you showed another element of yourself.....
Odd that you would put up something pertaining to Picasso....

Odd ??? no the piece is our take on war.The Picasso painting is a thing we both like and its very dark and shows the horror of war.Thats what we take from the painting.We could of put a reference to Dads Army but we did not get the vision from that but the painting of Picasso and yes the Guernica Event.

daveysaxboy

I'd like to hear the sax higher in the mix?? Unless that's what you intended??:confused:

But sorry you wont.This is the final mix of this soundscape.The sax line is meant to just float very softly as a very sad lament to the contrast of the manic sheets of sounds of horror.Its short but brutle.We dont aim to please on our darker stuff but we do this for ourselves.

Wade Cornell

I really like the soundscape, your playing and everything about this but don't get the lament side. Just sounds soft and somewhat pleasant. It is a contrast, works musically, but (for me) doesn't embody the emotional content of a lament.

daveysaxboy

I really like the soundscape, your playing and everything about this but don't get the lament side. Just sounds soft and somewhat pleasant. It is a contrast, works musically, but (for me) doesn't embody the emotional content of a lament.

Well the lament is the mourning,grief sad soundscape set inside the manic hell driven intense fury of the piece.Makes perfect sense to us as this was our vision.After all Wade any war is a very manic,cruel and also very sad.Some ying and some yang.What would you say embodys the emotional content of a lament ?

Wade Cornell

Take a listen to the pavane (by either or both) Faure or Ravel. These are calm, beautiful but just rip you apart with their sadness.

You've got the contrast but I don't hear the sadness of a lament.

daveysaxboy

Take a listen to the pavane (by either or both) Faure or Ravel. These are calm, beautiful but just rip you apart with their sadness.

You've got the contrast but I don't hear the sadness of a lament.

Again some like there eggs sunnyside up,some sunnyside down.It reminds me of a Coltrane type lament.Thats what i had in my head at the time.My mate and i agreed it worked just right but again its nice to hear peoples thoughts.In the end this is Daveys lament.:))):))):)))

Top Bottom