All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

There's music in the Valley's, mind!

TomMapfumo

Just received my Brecon Jazz Festival 2011 programme this morning! The Weekend of 12, 13, 14 August features 51 concerts, ending with "Fema Kuti & The Positive Force" on Sunday evening!

Saxwise the following are playing - John Surman, Alan Barnes, Courtney Pine, Gilad Atzmon, Meadow,Tommaso Starace, Maceo Parker & Art Themen. For those interested just go on www.breconjazz.org for details.

There's Lovely! :sax::gathering::gathering::gathering::gathering::gathering:
Tom

J-Ryder

This looks like another great line up this year. I do enjoy Brecon... Is Gilad still doing the whole political thing at the moment? i love his playing but it really puts me off going to see him, i wanna hear him blow instead of going on about the state of the world.

TomMapfumo

Ever since he started playing on Morgan Fry mouthpieces he seems to do much less political stuff - he's much a more a good laugh these days (saw him at Swansea Jazzland on my birthday about 8 months ago). Obviously the quality of Morgan's work means he can't stop playing, and seems a very happy bunny. The only time Giladis not smiling is when he is adopting a "Frown" embouchure to play some decent music. He is playing in Brecon Cathedral with the Orient House Ensemble and costs £12.

Kind regards to all
Tom

saxysax

I'm off on the 14th.

I'll see if I can persuade him-indoors to give it a go.

Must dash and make him a coffee before I go back to work. Sooner I start.

Sunray

Whirlwind ...

Blimey saxysax ...

Will you please slow down and stop rushing about ... ;}

Your causing a mighty draft ... :)))

Sunray

Youthful post ...

Yep! Roger that mate ... :mrcool

If only ... :sax:

PS - Does you other half know you wear her stockings around your head ... :)))>:):w00t:

Sunray

Lost his head ...

OMG! - Spat me Malt out laughing Tom - Brilliant mate ... :))):w00t::thankyou:

Saxholder Pro

Members online

No members online now.
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom