support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

There is now a chatroom

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
See link above next to Quicklinks.

Currently it's a demo version of the software so a bit basic.

Try it out and report back please!

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Click on the chat link in the navigation menu, then on chatroom (I find the float window best)
    [*]If you double click on someone's name in the list, you get to have a private chat with that person. (A smaller private window opens up, just you and them nice and cosy)
    [*]Otherwise typing in the main window everyone can talk to each other at the same time.

Yes, you have to be quick to catch Jimu!

Hmmmm, the second person saying, it's hard to catch Jimu.....

I login and wait, it logs me out after 5 minutes,
I'm keen to chat, only thing is in NZ I'm 12 hours infront of most of the world (My wife says that as well)

Some feed back on it!

I like the simplicity of this current version, with no need to change fonts, colours. The SaxChat one has smilies, which I find takes too much time in adding and therefore loosing the natural speaking rythm (through typing)

Anyway still keen to chat!

Maybe a good strategy would be to allot certain times for chat. Like on the hour every six hours, and we just need to post how that translates to different time zones.

Anyone else got any opinions?

Maybe a good strategy would be to allot certain times for chat. Like on the hour every six hours, and we just need to post how that translates to different time zones.

Anyone else got any opinions?

Just been talking to Pee Dee & Chris98 & Pete.

Pete, your idea of visiting times would be good to have, that way we could chat instead of sitting around waiting for others to show up!
Not sure how the individual chat will work when there's more than 2-3 in the Chat.

Some people you'll strike a "chord" with and others will not, I think the advantages of Chat could very easily take one away from actual practise on the horn, which is all a matter of self control, although not always (for me so easy to achieve)

It is instant however, and could possibly help each other in real time.

I for one am interested in exploring how this chatting medium can add to my enjoyment, study and playing, of music and sense of general fun!

Ciao
Jimu:mrcool