support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Theo wanne durga.. Does this look right

eb424

20210410_083548.jpg

is there anyone who can give me an opinion. I bought this and have a few issues it wasn't overly cheap but thought i may grow into it. I was always a bit dubious about whetherI could sell it on if I didn't like it the seller said the marks on the table were wear but on closer inspection it looks like it has been adjusted. would it put anyone off...TBF it played well last Saturday but i tried again during the week and couldn't get a note out so i took the lig of and tried a rovner no better...i then noticed that the thread on the lig wouldnt go down all the way so soaked it in wd 40 its better but still a bit graunchy..there also appears to be clear tape running up the sides where the rail meets the baffle is this right. I have asked to return but when it played i liked the piece tonally but have reservations about the lig, tape and table marks and resale if I ever needed to..

I can't help you much because I have never owned the Durga but it appears that either it's lost it's plating on the table or someone has worked on the table, can't tell if what you call tape is something that TW did but its not there on the new Durga 4 by looking on his website.
I own a TW Mindi Abair and its is impeccably finished and the lig works fine so maybe yours has had a lot of use.
Which Durga is it 1,2,3 or 4?

Hi thanks @jazzdoh...its well used its a 1..Im a beginner so was hoping to grow into it. Ive upset the seller by highlighting concerns re the table and lig. I can live without the lig and use a rovner or my metal rico type i just worry about the marks on the table..the squeeks could be me of course but once you have a doubt in your head...I thought if it was wear it would be more uniform, no doubt its a good piece..

Maybe send a photo to Theo and ask his opinion on your concerns.
Higher baffle mouthpieces are harder to control for a beginner so the squeaks could be you, try a synthetic reed on it and still see if it squeaks.

Stitch beat me to it.

That's a great idea @stitch how would I contact them / him. I don't want to hassle the seller or return if it is ok...would it put @stitch and jazzdoh of buying..I said to the seller it may need refacing but I am not prepared topay that on top of what I paid for the piece....the seller was a pro saxophonist and says i may need time to adjust..i take this on board completely but don't want to get stuck with a lemon..

In general, it looks like its been worked on to me but cant say for sure.
Unusual table appearance.

Im not a Wanne expert. I also make it a point not to act as their spokesman. We have a working relationship but we both keep our businesses separate.

I dont see what you are talking about with the "Tape"

thanks @Phil. In pic 1 the top one the rails meet the mouthpiece you can see what looks like a dolphins nose..this looks like clear tape or silicone and is about 1mm wide along the seam all the way back to the baffle....you may have to excuse my terminology...

If you do a search of the Durga 1 then you will see that these were put in by TW, also there is a video review where half way through you can see the tape clearly there, so this was standard TW feature on the Durga 1.

i might be worrying about nothing I just wonder why the seller didn't say about the lig or that it had/ may have been worked on..If its me i can just crack on with it....

:):) Stick with it mate..They are great pieces. However I personally couldnt get on with the Durga and ended up with a Mantra.. Now discontinued apparently..Chin Up! Regards :):)

I think its more the marks on the table, I can understand if it had been worked on but can't see it being wear. If it was worked on I can't understand the sellers reluctance to say so. How would i know if it needed re facing or if it is me squeeking I guess thats my issue and the difficulty if I need to move it on because I can't play. Would it put anyone of buying..I can live without the finicky lig but it was sold as working not graunchy....