All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Theme for Ernie ???

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Well I think its been about 18/19 weeks since I frst picked up a sax.:)What a journey!!:) This is a first take so it comes with all sorts of clams etc.This I think is the first one with a backing track so it was all new this time..

www.box.net/shared/9n91v65va9

It shouldn't cause long term hearing loss:D

Cheers

Chris

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Very nice, mellow. That's really good.

And you've got a lovely tone there too.

Well done.

Taz

Busking Oracle
There's something wrong here, but I'm not sure what it is, it's not you or your tone, they're great, but I think your backing is in the wrong key! I just listened to you alongside Coltrane and your playing is very close to his (ok so he's just a little bit more technical than you ;}) your timing is about right, but it just doesn't sound right!
Chris this really isn't a criticism, it's a technical fault and I'm hoping that someone else hears it as I have, otherwise I'm off to the shrink!!

compound

Hi Chris,
Like Taz say's it sounds like it's slightly out of wack. Is your sax completely in tune?, it sounds flat to me.Have you got a keyboard or tuner you can check it with?Best of luck.
Rob.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Chris could you post the backing track on it's own too, that may help get to the bottom of this.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I just played your clip over this one (the tempo on yours is slightly quicker so careful use of the pause button will keep it on track, and you keep the tune very nicely, I think the problem lies within your backing track!;}

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom