All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

The Yellow Frog of Highfield

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
There have been rumours of this illusive beastie for a while, finally while clearing a leaf pile, out it hopped.

Anyone else got any interesting wildlife photos?

Saxlicker

pmant.jpg
Uh oh more techno fobe stuff, you have to click on mine to enlarge it but

This thing wasn't shy to say the least..

Praying Mantis, Mercia, Spain 2008

Sunray

There have been rumours of this beastie for a while, fnally while clearing a leaf pile, out it hopped.

Anyone else got any interesting wildlife photos?
You just don't know what you have just unleashed Pete ...

I will post one or two ... [lol] :)))

Sunray

We spent weeks filming these in a variety of bogs, tin mines and other cool places ..

You just don't know what you have just unleashed Pete ...

I will post one or two ... [lol] :)))
Here you go ... A few Dragonflies my wife and I have filmed ...

Click to view larger: [Use back button on your browser to return] :)

View attachment 566 View attachment 567 View attachment 568 View attachment 569 View attachment 570 View attachment 571

We have filmed [and Photographed] every species of Dragon and Damselfly that live and breed in Britain ...

I can post some more of them if anyone is interested ...

Chris98

I wish I did more Wildlife photography, but to do it well takes real dedication.

Sunray

Here are 4 of a Long Eared Owl - Filmed in Wales ... And a 2 of Nightjar ...

I can only show 6 at a time like this so please excuse the multiple posts ... ;}

View attachment 572 View attachment 573

A Nightjar ... [Nocturnal] Filmed in Alice Holt Forest ...

View attachment 574 View attachment 575 View attachment 576 View attachment 578

There were six of these beauties perched at low level in scrubby trees - we returned for 3 days in a row gathering footage of them ... A Magical experience ... :w00t:

Chris98

Great shots Sunray, and to get a long eared owl and night Jar, just brilliant :welldone

A few shots of some deer in the Autumn:

And I had no chance with this kingfisher, it was going too fast and I wasn't set up for it so I went arty to hide my lack of skill:

Sunray

Thanks Chris ... ;}

Lovely Clear and low angle shots mate - Nice work ...

Make no mistake ... The kingfisher in flight is a mighty difficult shot to achieve ...

Congrats mate ... :welldone

old git

Tremendous Bore
I'm glad I'm a vegetarian because how long will it be before any of these fellow inhabitants of our planet appear in the Jazz Recipes section?

dave 645

Wow, very impressed with some beautiful shots. It's New Year's day and I have a heavy head, is that the reason I can't work out how to add photos?

Sunray

Soar Head ...

Wow, very impressed with some beautiful shots. It's New Year's day and I have a heavy head, is that the reason I can't work out how to add photos?
Hey Dave ...

Click Go Advanced ...

Look for the Insert Image Icon [A small square with a picture of a tree] next to the Envelope Icon[Insert Email Address]

Then upload from the web or your computer ...

Ask for more help if you are still stuck ... ;}

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Underneath the text box you get when clicking on "reply", or you can just double click to automatically get the advanced options.

jonf

I have some nice pics of dear somewhere (I wasn't hunting them, the post above was just a joke) but I'm a bit agin wildlife after the rats incident earlier in the year. Yuck.

dave 645

Pete, and Sunray, thanks for your patience, but I am still struggling with this. Everything you have written, makes sense to me, but I seem to only be able to enter a web address, rather than finding a file within my mac. I have photos stored on my laptop, and can't work out how to upload these.

dave 645

/Users/rickinepal/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/12 Apr 2009/IMG_0902.JPG

I'm just seeing if anything happens here. Please excuse if this doesn't work

Sunray

/Users/rickinepal/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/12 Apr 2009/IMG_0902.JPG

I'm just seeing if anything happens here. Please excuse if this doesn't work
You've almost done it mate ...

It may be that your saved picture is to large a file ...

I save it as a JPeg - size 500 pixels wide by whatever height it gives ... [I use Photoshop to do this]

Then save it at medium quality - 5

Which creates a small file the size of my pictures - which is handled OK by the website ...

Give that a try ... :welldone

PS Don't be apologetic mate ... your doing fine ... :mrcool

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunray

I'll be AFK for a while so here are a few more wildlife pics for you ...

A few more ...

A Barn Owl with a vole ...
Great Raft Spider [UK fishing Spider] It catches small fish and devours them ...
A female Scottish Crossbill ...
Southern Emerald Damselfly ...
Broad-Banded Bee Hawkmoth ...
Red Kite ...

View attachment 580 View attachment 581 View attachment 582 View attachment 583 View attachment 584 View attachment 585

Here is a Link
to a selection of wildlife I have uploaded to Photobucket - So that I don't hog this thread and flood it with my stuff ... :w00t:

Cheers ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom