Tutorials

The Wrecking Crew

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
Locality
Citizen of Nowhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Wrecking Crew

Tagline: There was one band behind them all...

Genre: Music, Documentary

Director: Denny Tedesco

Cast: Lou Adler, Herb Alpert, Hal Blaine, Glen Campbell, Al Casey, Cher, Dick Clark, Micky Dolenz, Snuff Garrett, Bones Howe, Al Jardine, Plas Johnson, Carol Kaye, Larry Knechtel, Lew McCreary, Joe Osborn, Bill Pittman, Don Randi, Nancy Sinatra, Carmie Tedesco, Tommy Tedesco, Peter Tork, Jimmy Webb, Brian Wilson, Frank Zappa, Larry Levine

Release: 2008-03-11

Runtime: 101

Plot: A celebration of the musical work of a group of session musicians known as "The Wrecking Crew", a band that provided back-up instrumentals to such legendary recording artists as Frank Sinatra, The Beach Boys and Bing Crosby.

OP
Veggie Dave

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
Locality
Citizen of Nowhere
One of my favourite music documentaries. This is absolutely fascinating and superbly made. Finding a copy is the only problem as it's only ever been released as a Region 1 DVD/Bluray but it is most definitely worth the effort.

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
Locality
France
One of my favourite music documentaries. This is absolutely fascinating and superbly made. Finding a copy is the only problem as it's only ever been released as a Region 1 DVD/Bluray
I think I saw it on Netflix.

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
I have this film on DVD. The version I have has an additional DVD with extended interviews - of interest to sax players interviews with Plas Johnson and the late great Jackie Kelso...excellent doco...also worthy of mention is The Funk Brothers doco with the legendary Motown session musos...Choice Bro...:thumb:

Greg S.

jbtsax

Subscriber
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Thank you for calling this to our attention. My favorite in that group of musician's has to be Carol Kaye. The first time I ever saw her was in a clip from a NAMM show which showed a bass playing grandma play circles around a cocky young upstart.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom