support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

The World's Smallest Saxophone

I could design and build the world's smallest, er, briefcase or something equally pointless, but why would I? Away from the hands of the experts, the soprano sounds bad enough! The sopranino has no purpose apart from when it is in the hands of the most exquisite player.

The soprillo is an extreme artistic experiment and serves no useful musical purpose at all as the frequencies achieved can be much more elegantly acquired using a piccolo or a cheap penny whistle.

Really, it's like making an electric guitar that's only an inch long -- you can do it but it would be crap and no one would want one.

Regards

Martin -- a confirmed low-frequency fan

I could design and build the world's smallest, er, briefcase or something equally pointless, but why would I? Away from the hands of the experts, the soprano sounds bad enough! The sopranino has no purpose apart from when it is in the hands of the most exquisite player.

The soprillo is an extreme artistic experiment and serves no useful musical purpose at all as the frequencies achieved can be much more elegantly acquired using a piccolo or a cheap penny whistle.

Really, it's like making an electric guitar that's only an inch long -- you can do it but it would be crap and no one would want one.

Regards

Martin -- a confirmed low-frequency fan

I do agree with some of what you are saying,but i do think they have a purpose and providing you have put the time into the instrument like this guy has then why not be different,it would be a shame if all we had was a tenor sax and everyone played it.

Its also like saying why do we have a double bass when a bass guitar will do.

I have a sopranino which i have gigged with [not for the whole gig but just a couple of songs] it gives something different for your audience to listen to,always seems to go down well.

Brian

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom