All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Saxophones The ultimate marketing description

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
(inspired by another thread)

This saxophone has a

Great, deep, warm, lush, sound powerful, focussed, with a terrific volume that allows you to compete with the guitar player.
Perfect intonation....

What else comes to your mind?

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
...allows you to compete with the guitar player...

Acoustic or electric? If acoustic, then any sax should be able to cope, if electric, then it depends on the guitar player's amp and what they do with it. The phrase most commonly used when looking at comparative volumes for guitar amps (particularly over the last few years with the rise in popularity of lower wattage amps), is "...allows you to compete with an unmic'ed drum kit...".

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Acoustic or electric? If acoustic, then any sax should be able to cope, if electric, then it depends on the guitar player's amp and what they do with it. The phrase most commonly used when looking at comparative volumes for guitar amps (particularly over the last few years with the rise in popularity of lower wattage amps), is "...allows you to compete with an unmic'ed drum kit...".

This is something that always puzzled me: why buying a saxophone (mouthpiece, reed, whatever...) that unamplified should be louder that an amplified guitar? Macho attitude? Self harm?
Personally I simply do not book gigs to drummers bassists or guitarists that are too loud.

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Yep, loud drummers are the bane of my life. The rest of us can turn down, why does every drummer I play with seem unable to hit less hard? The drummer I play with at the moment is very talented, and a nice lad, but he has yet to learn that you play to the room. Big room/festival: feel free to give it some welly, small room/rehearsal: ease off a bit.

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Yep, loud drummers are the bane of my life. The rest of us can turn down, why does every drummer I play with seem unable to hit less hard? The drummer I play with at the moment is very talented, and a nice lad, but he has yet to learn that you play to the room. Big room/festival: feel free to give it some welly, small room/rehearsal: ease off a bit.

Hide his sticks and give him a pair of brushes. >:) (Or better yet, tell him he can be replaced by a "drum machine" that has a volume control.)

milandro

made ( in Taiwan) in the tradition of Adolphe Sax, assembled in ( France, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, USA, GB, Japan, anything but the country where the saxophone was really made) by superiorly educated ( add the nationality chosen accordingly) technicians.............much better that the ones who make thousands of saxophones a year for the other people who couldn’t afford the premium that you are paying..........

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Milandro you are doing well.

What about
"Modeled after Adolphe Sax's own MkVI"?

Any specific material to suggest?

milandro

that is slightly far fetched but given the state of the knowledge of history displayed by some buyers you might get away with it.

Vietnamese harvested brass from spent shells, agent orange free certified.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Bit like opera singers - they have two dynamic levels - loud and very loud.

old git

Tremendous Bore
that is slightly far fetched but given the state of the knowledge of history displayed by some buyers you might get away with it.

Vietnamese harvested brass from spent shells, agent orange free certified.

Agent Orange or the civilian version importer for the UK at the time of the American-Vietnamese war, the Managing Director was Dennis Thatcher.

Is that what you meant by "knowledge of history"?

milandro

that is an excellent example of good memory and place within an historical context , all things that can get you in trouble these days

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Stolen from another forum (I hope the poster doesn't find out)

Pete Thomas said:
I love that phrase "open up the sound," it has to rank amongst the most meaningless of marketing phrases.

"Put these lovely new clothes on, your highness, I guarantee they will really open you up."

Staff online

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom