All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

The start of a new career?

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
No, unlikely, but very exciting.

For my birthday, my wife bought me a day of work experience as a keeper at the New Forest Wildlife Park .

Anyone at a loose end on Saturday can watch me attempt to feed the lynx without being bitten, play with the otters without being bitten, feed the wolves...

I'm very much looking forward to this, it's a great place for animal lovers or children. Last time we were there, a Wallaby had just given birth to an albino baby which was hopping in and out of it's mum's pouch.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Some boys have all the luck.
Do you want to swap wives?

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Nice... i've just got back from Centre Parcs at Longleat- where my daughter spent the weekend trying to make friends with a deer which had taken to hanging about behind our cabin. Though she seemed convinced it was actually a kangaroo....

old git

Tremendous Bore
You would be safer with vegetarian animals.

ENJOY!™ and a Happy Birthday Pete.

Wot pub?

spike

Old Indian
Nice... i've just got back from Centre Parcs at Longleat- where my daughter spent the weekend trying to make friends with a deer which had taken to hanging about behind our cabin. Though she seemed convinced it was actually a kangaroo....
Maybe Kev can expand on this one, I can't remember the exact circumstances:
Reminds of a "Faux Pas" from old German chancellor Helmut Kohl. On a visit to Margeret Thatcher on an outing to an English Zoo he went on record as interpreting a sign saying "All animals are dangerous" to mean "All animals are Dangeroos". He was ridiculed in the German press at the time - but he was probably right. Watch out fer the Dangeroos Pete. :)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Maybe Kev can expand on this one, I can't remember the exact circumstances:
Reminds of a "Faux Pas" from old German chancellor Helmut Kohl. On a visit to Margeret Thatcher on an outing to an English Zoo he went on record as interpreting a sign saying "All animals are dangerous" to mean "All animals are Dangeroos". He was ridiculed in the German press at the time - but he was probably right. Watch out fer the Dangeroos Pete. :)
Before my time in Germany, I was probably a lot further south at the time.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Don't forget the bike clips Pete. And try not to look too tasty.
Have a great time.
Andy

Jazzaferri

Once youve done your training, how about coming over here and helping sort out our urban deer problem. Until i fenced the drive they ould come through and eat fllowers tree leaves and well forget about a veggie garden.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Once youve done your training, how about coming over here and helping sort out our urban deer problem. Until i fenced the drive they ould come through and eat fllowers tree leaves and well forget about a veggie garden.
Can't you just eat them if they wander onto your property?

breathless

That will be a fantastic day Pete love being close to wildlife! Although don't have the time in life to spend as much time as I used to.
I was into wildlife photography for a number of years and was very lucky to get very close to some amazing animals on several different occasions including literally several feet away from wild wolves in Canada Elk and many other animals, but one of the most emotionally rewarding stints I did was spending 6 months with a local badger set in order to get them used to my presence so as to get some amazing natural behaviour shots, unfortunately at the point I achieved that I had to stop visiting them in order to prevent any habitation, broke my heart that and that we the last time I did anything like that.
Of course that won't happen in the zoo but I garuntee you will feel emotional?

Good luck and I'm sure it will be an extremely rewarding day!

Rgds Lee.

jbtsax

Subscriber
You could take your tenor sax and a video camera and play some jazz for the animals. If they gather 'round to hear the music you could make a video that may go viral like the "Jazz for cows" video did. You could call it "Jazz for other quadrupeds". If they all run away, then that's another story . . . .

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom