All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

The Sheik of Araby

BigMartin

Played this tonight. It's kind of cheesy, novelty arrangement. My solo starts at about 3:30. I lose it a bit near the end but otherwise I'm quite pleased with it. Feel free to disagree!
I think the band leader's right arm expresses his reaction very nicely to the keyboard player's entry after the count-in. Poor video quality I'm afraid but the sound's not too bad.

Link deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Pity, I really enjoyed it. But you have to respect his, and the other band members wishes!

ArtyLady

Blimey that's a bit of a strong reaction! People have put clips up of me playing without my permission - I wouldn't dream of asking anyone to take it down?! :shocked:

BigMartin

I must admit it's a bit frustrating when you've done something you're quite proud of, but what can you do?

BigMartin

Find another band? >:) (sorry couldn't resist ;})
I know where you're coming from, but I've only just found this one, and it's a big step up in playing standard from my other band. The long-term plan is to play in (or even form) a band where I'm not paying to play in it, maybe even vice versa. But I'm not ready for that just yet, and don't yet have the contacts.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom