All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

The Rose

AlanT

Locality
Mechanic Falls, Maine
I found a book of sheets I hadn't seen in awhile that contained a tune that I used to like to play so I found a simple backing and did a quick fairly dry take..(trying to cut back on reverb)..I followed the notes for about half of it and though I'm not much of an improviser the tune just seemed to invite me to have a go so I did trying to feel notes that fit on the fly. Critique welcomed: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5305840/The%20Rose.mp3

Last edited:

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Such a pretty old tune.Big rich tenor sound.Very airy and chilled.More verb for me but we all like our own effects.Good job here dude.

thesaxman71

warm "fu'fu" sound as i call it, subtone etc + 1 about the reverb, a touch more to set it off nice.

AlanT

Locality
Mechanic Falls, Maine
Okay thanx guys. Took your advice, here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5305840/The%20Rose%20%282%29.mp3

Last edited:

AlanT

Locality
Mechanic Falls, Maine
That was my original mix before I remixed dry to see how it would sound but I think this sort of tune just sounds better dripping wet..

..by the way I've been a member here since 2009, what's it take to get promoted out of 'New Member' status anyway???

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Lovely. For me also much better with the reverb. I'm off to find the dots. I reckon that's a good one for busking.

Jamesmac

That was my original mix before I remixed dry to see how it would sound but I think this sort of tune just sounds better dripping wet..

..by the way I've been a member here since 2009, what's it take to get promoted out of 'New Member' status anyway???

After 100 posts. Btw had another listen :thumb:

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Locality
Sunny Aberdeenshire
Love it! Where did you get the backing track? The guitar sounds so much better than piano which is the common option for this.

Cheers,

AlanT

Locality
Mechanic Falls, Maine
Where did you get the backing track? The guitar sounds so much better than piano which is the common option for this

I agree. I used a Band-In-A-Box file. If you don't have BIAB I've saved the backing as an MP3 in concert Ab that I could post here for you to download. I think the original key is concert C and I could change it back to that or any key you'd like it in and either save the backing as an MP3 file or I can create a midi file of it with BIAB that you can use with your own program.

AlanT

Locality
Mechanic Falls, Maine
After 100 posts.

That can't be it, mrpeebee & Brendan joined last month and have post amounts in the 60's and they do not have the newbie status. It doesn't matter, I was just wondering..

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Locality
Sunny Aberdeenshire
I agree. I used a Band-In-A-Box file. If you don't have BIAB I've saved the backing as an MP3 in concert Ab that I could post here for you to download. I think the original key is concert C and I could change it back to that or any key you'd like it in and either save the backing as an MP3 file or I can create a midi file of it with BIAB that you can use with your own program.

Hi Alan,
I have BIAB which I use with pre-made tracks (not got the length of creating my own!). If you could create a version that I could use with that, it would be great. Thanks in advance:thumb:

I think you need 50 posts to become a senior member........?

Cheers

griff136

Locality
I live in Exmouth Devon.
Great rendition Alan. If you could post a link for the mp3 -it would be much appreciated.

B Flat

Locality
Melbourne Australia
Sounded really good Alan.
The reverb added take in particular.
If only I could hear that tune without getting images of Bea Smith, Lizzy and the Freak.

King Casey

Locality
Melbourne Victoria Australia
If only I could hear that tune without getting images of Bea Smith, Lizzy and the Freak.
Well done Alan, however to me it conjures up the image of Bette Midler Aarghh!!
Next you should do 'On The Inside' and really get Nick's head spinning :).
cheers, Mark.

B Flat

Locality
Melbourne Australia
Well done Alan, however to me it conjures up the image of Bette Midler Aarghh!!
Next you should do 'On The Inside' and really get Nick's head spinning :).
cheers, Mark.
Hey Mark.
Nice to see you here.
And good to hear from Alan again.
I played the Rose for my girlfriend and the first thing she said was "Vinegar Tits".
Suppose we grew up on bad Aussie TV.

Jamesmac

That can't be it, mrpeebee & Brendan joined last month and have post amounts in the 60's and they do not have the newbie status. It doesn't matter, I was just wondering..

Dont know Alan. I was just going by my own experience. Personally I think anybody that gets involved in recording and posting the fruits of their efforts, for the other members to hear, should have senior status straight away.:thumb:

Staff online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom