All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

The Official Cafe Sax Xmas Survival Guide!

TomMapfumo

I thought it might be good to have a Thread which could feature some of the very important tips that we have all acquired over the years, which go to ensure that we all have a Cool Yule!

My contribution is:

1. When it is Icy underfoot it is best to try and walk like a Penguin - both feet pointing outwards - in order to prevent unnecessary slippage. Most Xmas's I have spent impromptu moments teaching this skill to older folks, who have benefitted greatly from this insight...:old::thumb:

2. Buy reduced old stock Wallpaper for wrapping presents. You will get a massive amount on a roll at a very low price, which can look very elegant. Retailers such as Laura Ashley are superb in this respect.

All contributions welcome! :lb: :happydance::thankyou::clapping::thanks:

Joyeux Noel!
Tom:cool:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Thanks Tom but in icy conditions, penguins lay down and toboggan along propelled by their feet.

Willing to give it a go but will need help in trying to stand up again at the end of the trip.

jonf

Thanks Tom but in icy conditions, penguins lay down and toboggan along propelled by their feet.

Willing to give it a go but will need help in trying to stand up again at the end of the trip.
I'd pay good money to watch that.

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
A shotgun and a rather pleasant amount of red wine. The shotgun for warding the missus off the credit card, and the wine for when it fails...

Young Col

I'd pay good money to watch that.
Yes, but if he did it down Addiscombe Road he, and probably you, would get mugged.

My tip is not to hold one end of the lights in your mouth, while holding on to an ally ladder with one hand and trying to put the plug in with the other. Not tried it myself but instinct says it's not a good idea.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
OG, my sister posted a message on Facebook last week, saying that she had been admiring the pavement outside her flat. She wouldn't have minded but she was sober at the time. She'd had to wait until a passer-by came along and put her back up the correct way.

She had fallen as she was unloading her scooter out of her car, but hadn't the core strength to get up again.

She took this with her usual positive attitude.

So maybe she could give you tips :)))

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
You've just been appointed free mistletoe provider for the forum all our addresses will be pm'd to you soon

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
I've just got two boxes full of various Belgian beers. Should keep me and my son going.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
A difficult time this Christmas for the Sanders family. Our son is living in Sydney Australia and his daughter,our second born grandchild, has her first birthday on Christmas Day. I think there's going to be lots of tears, not only from Mrs S.
Ho hum

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
A difficult time this Christmas for the Sanders family. Our son is living in Sydney Australia and his daughter,our second born grandchild, has her first birthday on Christmas Day. I think there's going to be lots of tears, not only from Mrs S.
Ho hum
Webcams and Skype. Not so bad, at least you can chat and see what's happening. Not like my first Christams abroad - I spent an hour dialling till I got a free line. My finger was really sore. And the line was terrible.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Webcams and Skype. Not so bad, at least you can chat and see what's happening. Not like my first Christams abroad - I spent an hour dialling till I got a free line. My finger was really sore. And the line was terrible.
Yes Skype is a wonderful thing.I'll just have to pretend to be chopping onions or something.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom