SYOS

The obligatory "hello, I'm new" - from Worcs

LAP13

As per the title really - can't think of anything imaginative at the mo, sorry.
(Good start eh?! - I'll warm up when I know you all a bit :) )

Won't bore you with stuff too much, I'm a part time private teacher and performer - just wish I had time to do it on a permanent basis but work seems to get in the way...

Seems a really good site, stumbled on it by accident and I'm looking forward to having a read and hopefully contributing in future. :w00t:

Luce

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Hi Luce, welcome to the cafe, you are a relative neighbour. There's someone else here at the cafe from these parts too.
hope you can help us and we you.

TomMapfumo

The obligatory welcome to Cafe Saxophone from the Skabertawe Horn Section, down by yer in Wales, not that far from Wusser....................:shocked::w00t:;}

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hello and welcome from Rugby! Please, no more stumbling around the cafe, it's against health and safety. I'm surprised our new "Mod" Kev didn't pick up on your obvious clumsiness. We'll have to hide all the sharps as well. That'll make for some interesting tunes! :)))

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
What a lovely welcome!
Thanks all :)

Hi Luce

Now don't go jumping the gun we're no where near finished yet,this could go on for weeks,so it's hello from up here in Manchester on an unusually sunny but frosty morning.That was a bit naughty of you just saying a little and leaving everbody guessing,what do you teach and what do you perform at? do you play the sax and what is your prefered weapon?how long have you been playing?it's not fair to leave us hanging on like this...regards....john

Two Voices

Hi Luce,

Welcome to the Cafe! It's your obligation to inform all of us nosy peeps what sax you play and the kind of music you enjoy! Don't be shy now ;}

Enjoy the banner :)))

Sunray

Sunray waves from Norfolk ...

Hey Hey Luce ...

Welcome to the Cafe ...

Ve haff vay's of makin you talk ... ;}

LAP13

I think I like it here already! :D

Didn't want to go on too much about doing this and that (I'm shy really lol)

Umm ok so -
What do you teach and what do you perform at?

• Teach sax & theory privately from beginners to performance/band standard and grades
  • Currently play around the area in a 'Soul/function' band - is fun and keeps my lip in but sould also love to get back to playing in a Big Band and fancy doing some funk/ska
do you play the sax and what is your prefered weapon?how long have you been playing?

• I do my best ;}
  • Generally a tenor player but dabble with alto and bari
  • Tenor is a Selmer Mk VI which I absolutely love - it was my old sax teacher's and after many years of nagging by me, he decided to sell to my folks as a present after he retired
  • ooh been playing for 19 years this year. That makes me feel older than I should :shocked:
it's not fair to leave us hanging on like this...regards....john

I'll remember to behave myself next time... actually, I probably won't :p

Pyrografix

Senile Member
And a belated welcome from Sunny Scotland - always takes longer for the jungle drums to get into action up here!

Enjoy!

El Robo

Hi
I'm the the other one from your parts that MandyH mentioned. Welcome. Not been around for a bit as been practicing for board exam and busy gigging (guitar) so sorry for late reply

El Robo (El is just a piteous attempt to appear windswept and mysterious :) )

LAP13

After a significant hiatus (from the forum, not playing) - I thought it only right to start at the beginning again before jumping all over everyone's posts and threads!

So hi

Tenor player of ahem 26 years o_O
Started playing in a Soul band and big band aged 14
Mess about with alto and bari but don't have either at the moment
On a never ending quest to get 'that' sound
Improvisation is a dirty word in this house; but am taking the opportunity in the current climate to now try and rectify that

Always learning. Always have an opinion. Always have a cuppa tea nearby

Top Bottom