All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

Accessories The new Saxholder Pro from Jazz Lab

randulo

22 months since I began - 3.5% of my adult life
Subscriber
As I saw the blurb from Pete about his revised review, I looked at the Jazz Lab site and bought one from Amazon. I wanted to mention my impressions, mainly, that this is a much improved design. If you don't own one, go try it at a store if you can. I think they're great. And if you own the original model and several saxophones, buy the pro and keep the old one adjusted to one of the other saxes :)

I'm pleased with the locking feature on both the angle of the two "shoulder arms" and the "belly press arm". This might be a hassle if you use one Sax Holder for several instruments. That's why you'll want to keep your old model AND buy a new one. I love Jazz Lab's products. I think they're among the best accessories available.

Last edited:

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
I agree - the new Saxholder is a definite improvement on the old one. It's worth it just for the arm lock. The shoulder pieces are a bit wider too, and more comfortable.

Caz

I've been thinking about getting one but I haven't tried one. Are they comfortable for playing sitting down?
Not really If you are playing tenor (unless you have it between your legs)
But it’s a fantastic piece of kit, and once you use it you’ll prob not use a standard neckstrap again.

GJ77

I found that the locking height adjuster slips, particularly when playing baritone. I’m trying to secure a refund but beating my head against a brick wall. I’ve been happy with other Jazzlab products but can’t be dealing with this mid-gig.

s.mundi

When I first purchased this unit, I said that it would be for practice. It has alleviated several concerns, so it has become the only strap that I use. The cable length adjuster slips on my new model, so I stick with the old model. The arm that applies pressure on the abdominal cavity reminded me of giving birth to my daughter. I modified/cut it and now it applies pressure to the thoracic cavity.

OP
randulo

randulo

Subscriber
I found that the locking height adjuster slips, particularly when playing baritone. I’m trying to secure a refund but beating my head against a brick wall. I’ve been happy with other Jazzlab products but can’t be dealing with this mid-gig.
You mean the thing on the cable? Works fine with alto, but there's a huge difference in weight.
Did you get the XL model? Both times I purchased, I didn't even know there were two sizes. I just was lucky.
I guess a refund depends strictly on where you purchased it.

JazzLab

Commercial Café Supporter
We from JAZZLAB are very sorry for this. We will send you a new slider/cord/hook assembly which can be replaced very easily from yourself. Please send us your address to our email which you will find on www.jazzlab.com.
Sorry again

OP
randulo

randulo

Subscriber
I exchanged a few emails with the Jazz Lab folks, I think they're very good.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Having watched a colleague snap one arm off their sax holder while making a minor adjustment to the shoulder piece, I can’t bring myself to even consider trying one, and definitely not hanging my Bari on one, I’m afraid.

malteof

Growing a beard
Subscriber
Having watched a colleague snap one arm off their sax holder while making a minor adjustment to the shoulder piece, I can’t bring myself to even consider trying one, and definitely not hanging my Bari on one, I’m afraid.
Maybe he was unlucky with a faulty one, I can't see that happening on mine...

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom