support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces The Michael Brecker MB1 on Ebay

Jamesmac

I thought this may interest some of you MB fans:)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171065641...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The Legend is Michael Brecker.
The Legend mouthpiece is modeled after the original Michael Brecker 1 Mouthpieces (MB1) made by David Guardala in the early 1980’s.
Several of the original handmade mouthpieces, including the original CNC Prototype, were closely studied and played by out artists and design team to come up with The Legend mouthpiece design.
These are as close as you can get to the original MBI sound and playability as you can get to actually owning an original MB1, and it won't cost you $1,500.00 or more.
Each Legend Mouthpiece is 100% handmade & carefully hand finished in our mouthpiece shop in Ft Myers, Florida.

Mine is on it's way from the States at half that price...:thumb:

"The Warehouse where everyone gets a bargain"

The Warehouse - where everyone....jpg

...sorry wrong company...:)))

Greg S.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know anything about these MPs, just thought they could be of interest to some members. But The Guardala MB11,S are probably more popular.

I dont know anything about these MPs, just thought they could be of interest to some members. But The Guardala MB11,S are probably more popular.

CE Winds have a few "Tribute" mouthpieces in the pipeline, they have recently introduced the MBII tenor piece and an alto piece based on Julius Hemphill's Dave Guardala Studio Alto (I've recently pulled the trigger on this one), coming soon is a David Sanborn alto piece Dukoff replica, a replica of the blue Vandorn Jumbo Java alto piece, Otto Link Slant Sig and a Dukoff Hollywood piece as used by Stan Getz in the 1950s...introductory prices are usually below half recommended retail price...stay tuned and get a bargain...:thumb: Choice Bro!

Cheers,

Greg S.

yup, seen these mouthpieces and the newer Brecker 2 styled legend 2, they look nice and i am tempted but i am not really a player who feels the need to try and buy lots of new mouthpieces, i tend to stick with what works for me so my MB2 will do nicely.

As a former Brecker addict and ex owner of few Guardala made pieces, I know their limits.

But I cannot but notice that this is "made in Florida"! It must be better.
Florida is where mouthpieces grow healthy and resonant. And it has a slant signature too!

I have noticed on the eBay listings that the quality of the MPs in the pics vary a lot, so I am not so sure about their claim. HAND FINISHED. I hope Greg posts his thoughts once he receives his.

CE Winds have a few "Tribute" mouthpieces in the pipeline, they have recently introduced the MBII tenor piece and an alto piece based on Julius Hemphill's Dave Guardala Studio Alto (I've recently pulled the trigger on this one), coming soon is a David Sanborn alto piece Dukoff replica, a replica of the blue Vandorn Jumbo Java alto piece, Otto Link Slant Sig and a Dukoff Hollywood piece as used by Stan Getz in the 1950s...introductory prices are usually below half recommended retail price...stay tuned and get a bargain...:thumb: Choice Bro!

Cheers,

Greg S.

Thats how the Japanese decimated the English Motor Cycle industry. They introduced very cheap quality bikes, then when most of the British makes went out of business they raised their prices. Perhaps CE Winds have a similar strategy to kill off or at least minimise The Guardala/ jody Jazz/ Lawton etc. competition.

Ye there hand finished mouthpieces.Its how they play and not look that's the thing.Folks have said they play great.Plus any mp/sax means nothing unless the player is working it nice.

yup, seen these mouthpieces and the newer Brecker 2 styled legend 2, they look nice and i am tempted but i am not really a player who feels the need to try and buy lots of new mouthpieces, i tend to stick with what works for me so my MB2 will do nicely.

I agree completely with that principal, and you obviously found what suits you, because it shows in your overall sound and musicality of your clips. I'm still looking>:)

I agree completely with that principal, and you obviously found what suits you, because it shows in your overall sound and musicality of your clips. I'm still looking>:)
Thank you, very nice of you to say...
What sound are you looking for? I or someone else here may be able to steer you in the right direction of mouthpiece.

seems like the only person not making them is Dave Guardala

He has been quite busy, during recent years. I met him before he got so busy and he was a very knowledgeable person and a good seller. Too good a seller, that's probably why he got so busy.

I read somewhere no he is no longer so busy, so I wonder if he is back making mouthpieces (undercover).

What sound are you looking for? I or someone else here may be able to steer you in the right direction of mouthpiece.

Thanks for you interest Ian, but the JJ.DVNY I got of eBay is ideal apart from being an 8* . A smaller tip would suit me better, but they don't come up on eBay too often, and rather than pay the £450 price tag for new, I'd prefer to wait till a S/H one comes up. Music123 in the US have some that I will probably go for in the near future.

Thanks for you interest Ian, but the JJ.DVNY I got of eBay is ideal apart from being an 8* . A smaller tip would suit me better, but they don't come up on eBay too often, and rather than pay the £450 price tag for new, I'd prefer to wait till a S/H one comes up. Music123 in the US have some that I will probably go for in the near future.
have you ever tried a Lawton 8*? i had been using Lawtons for nearly 20 years before my switch to MB2, they are great all round and solid pieces with all the qualities you need, bright if need be but warm and full too.

As we were talking earlier, re. the Jody Jazz DVNY.and the #8*being too big, ...Well i bit the bullet and ordered a S/H #7 from Music123 yesterday. so i will probably have the 8* for sale in the not to distant future.

have you ever tried a Lawton 8*? i had been using Lawtons for nearly 20 years before my switch to MB2, they are great all round and solid pieces with all the qualities you need, bright if need be but warm and full too.
I've got a good Lawton 7*bb, very close to the Sakshama Guardala MB11, bit more richness, slightly more resistance but not overall as LOUD!