All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

The meet

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Here is a thought I have had for a long time which may well go down like a lead ballon but here it is anyway.While I have been a member of this forum I have noticed that a lot of the other members live reasonably close to me and have invited a few of them round to meet at my house for a chin wag and compare notes sort of thing,I have always enjoyed this and hope all parties have gained from the experience.I was wondering if a larger meet could be arranged where we All get together and share our various abilities with one another,things like impro ability practice regimes use of recording program's helpfully Internet sites,just practicing together in a fun environment with no pressure involved we may all be able to get something out of it and tutors always say that playing in groups like A band improves your playing no end,personally I have found this a bit daunting and was thinking a less formal situation might benefit everybody......any thoughts......John

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Why did I know you would probably be first to post,it is quite a good idea actually but might cause problems in the transport dep.

Glad you said distillery rather than brewery more my tipple

old git

Tremendous Bore
No objections to the Manchester and Sarf Lankashire Massive being formed, after all, the CaSLM did the 'Nosh an Blow' biz first.

trimmy

One day i will...
have invited a few of them round to meet at my house for a chin wag and compare notes sort of thing,I have always enjoyed this and hope all parties have gained from the experience.
I've checked my emails for my invite, nope nowt there :crying:
Tis a good idea, iv'e met up with Tommy a few times in the way you mention and it is good to meet other members :thumb:

Zeus

Don't tell me the Cafe Saxophone forum users, don't have an annual meeting?

:lb::lb::lb:

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
What about a shopping trip to NY? Credit cards at home!

navarro

Here is a thought I have had for a long time which may well go down like a lead ballon but here it is anyway.While I have been a member of this forum I have noticed that a lot of the other members live reasonably close to me and have invited a few of them round to meet at my house for a chin wag and compare notes sort of thing,I have always enjoyed this and hope all parties have gained from the experience.I was wondering if a larger meet could be arranged where we All get together and share our various abilities with one another,things like impro ability practice regimes use of recording program's helpfully Internet sites,just practicing together in a fun environment with no pressure involved we may all be able to get something out of it and tutors always say that playing in groups like A band improves your playing no end,personally I have found this a bit daunting and was thinking a less formal situation might benefit everybody......any thoughts......John
Nice Idea GS only wish you were located London area I would oil up the old zimmer and slow foot it over. Regds.N

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom