support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

The heat

davhudson

Locality
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
This heat does nothing for practising!
I have just done half an hour and an absolutely soaked!

I think I will wait 'till 03:00 and go practise in the garden - it may have cooled down by then;}

This heat does nothing for practising!
I have just done half an hour and an absolutely soaked!

I think I will wait 'till 03:00 and go practise in the garden - it may have cooled down by then;}

I played a 3 hour gig in a marque on Saturday night, It was so hot I nearly passed out! Tooooooo hot

Yep, just finished a 2 hr session and am soaked! Goof for the tone though :w00t:

Roll on tomorrow!

Too Hot!!!!

I've just done an eight hour shift in front of my furnace (glassblowing for the use of) and come home and done an hour's honking (on me tenor not me armpits)
WIMPS!!!!!

:))):))):))):))):))) that didn't happen, did it!

I was stupid enough to trim the hedges and cut the grass today, by which time I was wringing and too uncomfortable to even think about haaving a play.

Call this hot?

I've just done an eight hour shift in front of my furnace (glassblowing for the use of) and come home and done an hour's honking (on me tenor not me armpits)
WIMPS!!!!!

That's right Andrew, you tell these southern softies! Have you noticed they all come from south of Manchester?

I've just come in from digging a 25ft deep hole by hand with a broken teaspoon and with my seven ferrets in my trouser pockets and I'm going into the coal hole to practice with my alto until Friday morning. So there. >:)

That's right Andrew, you tell these southern softies! Have you noticed they all come from south of Manchester?

I've just come in from digging a 25ft deep hole by hand with a broken teaspoon and with my seven ferrets in my trouser pockets and I'm going into the coal hole to practice with my alto until Friday morning. So there. >:)

You were lucky...
:)

Wow! I've just looked at the temperature in the UK and it is the same temperature as it is here in Bangkok at the moment...

Although, it is night time here:)

Last couple of Fat45 gigs have been ridiculously hot... had to drink 2 2 litre bottles of water during Friday night's show just to keep at regular temperature... (and our singer wears a 3 piece woolen suit.. the maniac!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go and do Agility training with the dog for an hour and then go and do a couple of hours with our vocallist to get the Amy song sorted for tomorrow night.

Last time I was in the UK (for more than a fleeting visit) it had the "wrong kind of snow". Now it seems its got the "wrong kind of sun". The search continues, presumably, for that elusive 2-degree-either-way temperature band that only occurs during one week each year, that represents comfort. Here, rather further south, things are far more predictable ... "summer" happens between April and August, the latter being sufficiently hot for the locals to clear off in every direction, leaving the edges of their country for the rest of Europe to play with. In September it will rain a couple of times, in buckets. Between October and March the weather might be "cold", possibly as low as 10C, but when that happens we just huddle in our sitting room (around the bonfire that doubles as a cooker) until "summer" once more returns.
On a more serious note (well, slightly!) it is possible to get used to extreme heat, but it needs to persist for long enough for that to happen. Fat chance in Blighty I say!!!

Yes, Mike, what is that elusive 2-degree temperature band which is ideal? For me, it's a degree or two around 20, what we Brits tend to call 'pleasant' in our understated, reserved, not-wishing-to-upset-anyone way. Bit of sun, few fluffy clouds for occasional shade, nice breeze. You know, pleasant.

Blimey, do you live in the middle of nowhere? I get enough hassle shutting myself in the spare bedroom, which in this weather is like an oven, in the afternoon, from the retired neighbour. In the garden, at 3 am? I'd be in boots and shoes for years:)))

Last couple of Fat45 gigs have been ridiculously hot... had to drink 2 2 litre bottles of water during Friday night's show just to keep at regular temperature... (and our singer wears a 3 piece woolen suit.. the maniac!!)

Not Beer!!!!:mrcool:mrcool

6 hours digging holes in the garden, another 2 hours planting, so was dripping, then 2 hours on my sax.
Next morning bloody foxes had dug up all my new plants, well most of them.
My two little shih tzus also like to help the foxes, they may end up in the holes if they don't watch it!!
Yeah it's hot but great.

On Monday I undertook a building survey of a lovely thatched cottage in Suffolk - white painted walls so I could hardly see to write notes, then spend time in the roof space directly under the thatch in a smoke blackened roof with shirt sticking to me (with the soot, etc), bits of thatch in my hair and feeling like I'd been in a Sauna. To then come down and speak pleasantly to the client who had just turned up to discuss my findings!! To say I looked a mess is an understatement.

The owners did not offer a drink all day and I went c. 8 hours without a drink to end up with a splitting headache that evening through dehydration.

Now sitting by fan in the office thinking of dictating the report, but there again I may go home to do that to avoid the phones and interruptions.

I love my job. :)

There again yesterday I had to do several staff reviews. :eek:

Trouble with it being hot in the UK is that it's always so humid. I can take higher temeraturs in European countries because it's always dryer air, but I wilt here. I feel sorry for you guys still working. I used to hate leaving my office in London and stepping out on to the street as it was like walking into an oven; then the hot humid train journey plus a walk up a steep hill and I was dripping! A trip to a cool supermarket today with the air con on in the car made exposure to heat very small.

Even so, an hour+ practice with the windows closed was enough.

Jules, where do you get 22 litre bottles of water. No wonder you were hot trying to lift them. :D

Back
Top Bottom