All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

The Gunners Dream

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
I absolutely love playing this tune and this video turned out quite nicely. I hope you enjoy it, it's a very poignant number, especially for this month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
Nice to see and listen you to you on Tenor Taz I also like to see your Bari and Alto playing even more.

Very high quality vid and the sound is nice outa these headphones::thumb:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I loved that Taz as you said very poignant.:)

thank you for posting

Jx

saxplorer

Locality
Surrey, UK
Wish I could click "Thanks" more than once - a hundred times thanks.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Taz, you've got that taped. Super. Really emotive, as the others said! Thanks!

Fraser Jarvis

Nice bit of blowing my friend...love the way you continue on from the singer on that C# then get up to the high E, then finish with a growl, really neat! but tell me this, as you play in other Pink Floyd tribute bands do you keep the brass bits/solos for each song the same in each band or do you do something completely different with the others, guessing if the singers all sing in different keys that can change a lot.

BTW, i checked out the others you posted on facebook but couldent see any sax....guess this makes up for it tho!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Thanks for the comments folks, it means a lot to read them. Fraser, luckily, with the other Floyd band I don't play as many tunes. We do play them as closely to the original as we can though, so in a word, yes, I do it the same with both bands as everything is in the original keys anyway! (A bit boring really, luckily I get to make up for it with my rock 'n' roll band which is about 90% improv!)

Just in case anyone else wants to see the other videos of the band, you can find them on my TAZONSAX YouTube page.

Merryfisher

Locality
Hampshire
I absolutely love playing this tune and this video turned out quite nicely. I hope you enjoy it, it's a very poignant number, especially for this month.

hi taz - great sound - what kit did you use to video record this?

Fraser Jarvis

Yeah, funny thing this filming, on some of the lesser quality band recordings we filmed recently we used a proper jvc cam-corder and on the higher quality stuff, an i-phone...wierd isn't it?

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Luckily the volume levels were reasonably low which is lucky. If it had been any louder the camera would have distorted it. As it happens, everyone that's seen it so far have been quite impressed with the quality!

Wade Cornell

Locality
New Zealand and Australia
Well played and seems like it was a great gig for the audience.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom