PPT mouthpieces

the dog did it

allansto

Locality
Frankston Victoria Australia
The dog chewed up my selmer 80 e MP
Mostly she just chewed on the beak a little
She has taken a corner out of it and done a bit of damage to the rails
Can I repair it with some epoxy filler or some thing like that???????
Regards
Allansto

At least she has good taste in mouthpieces. :)

Ouch ..
My Dad had a wedding photography business for some years after he retired from the military.
In the days before digital he would have rolls of film stored in those black plastic cylinders.

So .. one day after shooting a wedding and reception he left the undeveloped film on the kitchen counter - where their Irish Setter found, chewed and ate the canisters.

He had to reshoot the whole thing .. weeks after the fact and pay for tux rentals etc ...

Ouch ..
My Dad had a wedding photography business for some years after he retired from the military.
In the days before digital he would have rolls of film stored in those black plastic cylinders.

So .. one day after shooting a wedding and reception he left the undeveloped film on the kitchen counter - where their Irish Setter found, chewed and ate the canisters.

He had to reshoot the whole thing .. weeks after the fact and pay for tux rentals etc ...

you could try dental epoxy (as its going in your mouth)

what about using sugru?

what about using sugru?

Whats Sugru???????
Excuse my ignorance
Allansto

what about using sugru?

Whats Sugru???????
Excuse my ignorance
Allansto
Sugru is that mouldable rubbery compound stuff many of us use to build up palm keys etc.
I wouldn't put it in my mouth though.

In my understanding the repair would require a much harder substance than sugru. Perhaps Morgan Fry could shed some light on the best material to repair chipped and cracked mouthpieces.

I've heard of biting to hard, but really>:)

I think it would be wise to sugru the dog's gob shut while you're at it Alansto.

I`d be more inclined to write it off to experience and stump up the £80 for a new one, I`d hate to think how a dog chewed one would blow or even seat the reed .

Oh that's a bad dog! Lol - my terrier loves nothing more than a nice box of reeds to chew on but never a mouthpiece. I agree get a new one :)

Didn't you have a mouthpiece pad on it? That prevents bite marks......now in future........

I've taught my dog to use a double lip embouchure so as to alleviate these types of issues.

I've taught my dog to use a double lip embouchure so as to alleviate these types of issues.
This also helps take the Bark out of her tone.
I find it's best to correct Paw embouchure practice as soon as Pawsible.

Dogs have lips???????
Yes, thin ones at best.
Trying to get her to brush before playing is the biggest issue.
Nothing worse than the taste of Dog food on your reeds.
Not to mention hair stuck all over the pads.

I was trying to teach her how to play "Who let the Dogs Out"

It was all a ploy to justify me buying a new jody jazz

not really!!!!!!

But yes I had to buy a new one ..........yes a jody jazz

But I still intend on having a go at repairing the selmer
I 'll let you all know how it goes.
Allansto

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're going to like that Jody Jazz more than the Selmer piece.
Problem is your dog may like it more too.

Back
Top Bottom