All profit supporting   special needs music

The Cannonball Band: Outkast and Rather Be (cover)

Locality
Sandy, Utah, USA
We've been having some fun recording lately! I'm curious as to what this crowd prefers - do you like the jazzed-up pop cover, or the funk / groove?

Clean Bandit's "Rather Be"

Outkast by Keith Anderson (saxophonist for Prince)

(I'm playing bari in the first, tenor in the second one)

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
BTW Ryan what mouthpiece is Randal Clark playing on alto?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Great music Ryan. Its always a pleasure to hear the Cannonball Band perform. I also love listening to Kenji Aihara on guitar every chance I get. What a "monster" player he is as well. Can you tell us about the tenor Keith Anderson is playing?

Locality
Sandy, Utah, USA
Great music Ryan. Its always a pleasure to hear the Cannonball Band perform. I also love listening to Kenji Aihara on guitar every chance I get. What a "monster" player he is as well. Can you tell us about the tenor Keith Anderson is playing?

I agree - Kenji's solo on Outkast is phenomenal. I could listen to it (especially the second chorus) over and over again.

That's a custom one-off model we made for Keith with black keys on a pearl white body. Since he plays for Prince, he wanted something unique and flashy so we went out on a limb for him. It's a beauty, and sounds really, really good. I had a great time playing it while setting it up for him!

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Dang, I want one. I love that look only I would want gold keys.

Locality
Sandy, Utah, USA
Dang, I want one. I love that look only I would want gold keys.

I can do you one better: how about Pearl White body, gold keys, and gold inside the bell?
t5w.jpg

Locality
Sandy, Utah, USA
The pearl white / gold is a limited finish we made in the Big Bell Stone Series this year. They just recently hit stores, and I have it on good authority that a few of them have already made it into stores in the UK :)

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
They look great...which stores are stocking please? I live close to Dawkes....

Locality
Sandy, Utah, USA
I only know where they're headed as they leave the US, but I'm sure the folks at Dawkes will be glad to give you a real-time update of the location & availability.

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Am I the only one put in mind of a leaky toilet U-bend with gold keywork?
I sure hope so. :) What about this special anniversary edition of the Yamaha Custom 875EX?

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I want a white and gold sax, imagine having a row playing at a wedding :)

Jx

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
I deleted my post because it could be considered sexist. I grew up in the 50's and 60's and still have some of that stuff rattling around inside me. Sorry if anyone took offense.

Last edited:

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom