support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

The Cafe Trio grown to Octet down to Sextet

1523783734115-1231557816.jpg

Healthy treat for today's playing with the sextet, chocolate banana muffins :)

Jx

We had a really good session again today, we really are improving individually and as a group. Despite being one down @tenorviol did a sterling job to ensure we had sufficient parts to make sense of the tunes and keep us on track..

I really do enjoy these sessions and feel like I've really worked at the end of them

Thanks guys :)

Jx

I can't tell you all how pleased and happy I was with the effort and performance from everyone today. I'm not a music teacher or a tutor... but I have been round the block a few times one way or another... The guys played right through pieces which they hadn't seen for a while and which in the past they had many struggles with. They gave a credible rendition of a new piece which they were sight-reading and got to grips with some thing we'd only done once before. The big thing for me is that they're listening and hearing what is going on around them and sorting problems out for themselves. Doesn't stop me worrying about whether I am best qualified to exhort and cajole....

Today's motivational technique: get it right or I sing in Italian...

Doesn't stop me worrying about whether I am best qualified to exhort and cajole....

Qualified enough, you do well to put up with us and have the patience of a saint, we are also are lucky to have @chadders as stand in when your busy musical life takes you elsewhere :)
Today's motivational technique: get it right or I sing in Italian...

I knew you were going to sing, as I said it helped my timing so much more too...

Jx

Sigh... I have to be in Birmingham today for orchestra rehearsal, so you've not got me today. Behave or it's double diminished 7th arpeggios next time and I really must arrange that Stravinsky... (I'v been thinking of arranging the opening section of the Rite of Spring for a while - might do it if @MandyH visits and arrange the bassoon solo for bari).
View: https://youtu.be/FFPjFjUonX8

We were a trio but we had a great time and actually played some pieces rather well.

It's not the bari that drowns me out it's the pesky tenors!! :)

We played:
Oh I'm a Poor Wayfarin Stranger
Bare Necessities
Groovy Kind of Love
Will he Tell
Don't sit under the apple tree- first time, went well
Waltz No 2
Dambusters March - needs some work
How Deep is Your love - needs more work
and finished off with Plank Plank Plunk

All in all a good workout, thanks @Vetinari and @chadders I really enjoyed it

Jx