support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

The CaféSaxophone saxophone

Coming back to the neck/crook question: when the video swept over the sensual lines of the sax, I was totally convinced that the octave mechanism would be underslung, I’d find that very elegant.
What you are seeing is a prototype, there is still a fair bit to change. However I'm not so keen on underslung, either true underslung or pseudo underslung. The octave key on the video has not yet got the logo which are currently being made so will hopefully have some actual pics soon.

Will the Sax have name like Selmer Reference BA etc or a Code Number like Yamahas and Yanagisawas?
What about calling the Tenor “The Robusta ?”
Java has been used with Vandoren !
But I doubt that can be an infringement if you used it

Will the Sax have name like Selmer Reference BA etc or a Code Number like Yamahas and Yanagisawas?
Currently we are thinking of the pro model being barista, student model being something else.
What about calling the Tenor “The Robusta ?”

Robusta is the nasty type of cheap coffee bean.
The Alto could be called the Arabica
Arabica is the better quality coffee so that may be possible
What about touchpieces made of High Quality Porcelain used in Espresso Cups?
Maybe too slippery? I like the idea of the coffee wood.

Last edited:
Porcelain would break too easily anyway. I like the coffee wood too.

I think it probably sounds better too. Initially I am working on designs that I personally like, so as mentioned the key touches will be flat with nicely rounded edge, I hate the concave ones most horns have these days.

Still waiting on the engraver. We have someone lined up (in Birmingham) but just waiting to see how reliable they might be with large orders. Not that we are assuming large orders, it's a fickle market out there.

The name thing is always difficult. Everyone has an opinion, most are terrible, and avoiding a name that will date is really difficult. Then there are the sounds so alien to some languages they are best avoided.
Having exercised my brain I’ve come up with a great name, one that will resonate around the world, will create a buzz, reach deep in to the animal part of being, reconnect the sax with it primal power.
The Fabulous Thomas. Imagine the millions grooving out with a Fabulous Thomas in their mouths.

Joking aside, the Fabulous.

Haha!
Oh dear.... :doh:

When I was a student it wasn’t even Nescafé in the cupboard it was Mellow Bird!
At least its wasn't Camp.

Last edited:
At least its wasn't Camp.

I was given Camp when I was a child .. in fact I think I was weaned onto Camp at my grandmothers house. I started having Nescafé gold blend at about the age of two in a Sesame Street “sippy cup”and from then on was completely addicted and couldn’t function before I’d had my morning coffee.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom