All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

The Best sax EVER player is:

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
Not me!

but the sticky at the doorbel said I had to make more of an "entrance" instead of new member or something like that, and I thought this is a title where people come and see if they can splurt out their favourite.. sorry for trying to trick you.

As said, I`m new @cafe saxophone, I`ve been a member of SOTW since march, and well.. the virus has me by the important parts.. I`ve learned a lot and made a few friends. But me being a student, I spend a lot of time traveling in the public transport or searching new ways to procrastinate.

I started playing music when I was 8 (recorder 2yrs) when I was 10 I got a clarinet and I had to play it for 1 year before I could play the saxophone. so I was eleven when I started on Alto-sax, now I'm 23.

I've been playing concert band since I was 13. At 15 I joined a marching band-ish thing where i'm now the bandleader and arranger.

In the mean time I did 2 coverbands where I also transcribed a lot of music and now I'm starting a new coverband with some motivated and talented people (even the drummer transcribes and arranges scores!) and where I play the alto and tenor saxophone.

I`m in my third year of getting a bachelor degree in Engineering, and sometimes I find it hard to concentrate on school when I feel that music is flirting with me to give it a go..

my saxophones are:
alto`s:
  • Selmer SA80II
  • Couesnon Monopole series 1 (stencil)
  • Cannonball Global Series Big Bell
tenor:
  • Amati Toneking (JKG)
  • Martin Handcraft (C-tenor)

hope to learn from you and give something back to the community,

Kind regards,

Koen

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Nice intro. Just hope nobody starts an argument about the best all time...

Good to have you around.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff, Koen.

You are obviously the talented member of the film making bros.

ENJOY!

Koen88

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the caff, Koen.

You are obviously the talented member of the film making bros.

ENJOY!
haha smart remark! except in dutch my name is pronunciated as Koon (like the end of raccoon only the oo is shorter)

Big welcome from me. btw, it's JGK, not JKG.
yeah there was a brain communication failure here, I know the name is Julius Gerhardt Keilwerth except when I write the abbreviation
I get it wrong..

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
yeah there was a brain communication failure here, I know the name is Julius Gerhardt Keilwerth except when I write the abbreviation
I get it wrong..
I do it myself, too often - seems to flow better that way.

ArtyLady

Hi and welcome :thumb:

Arty

PS (I know you were't really asking but my fave player is Scheila Gonzalez :welldone)

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe Koen :)

Enjoy your journey

ps. my fave is Gerald Albright and i see you have what he plays :thumb:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Oh how I love the Dutch sense of humour!! Just to prove it, here's my friend Ton in Oosterbeek this year. He can quote Monte Python, and most Carry on films almost word for word!

Welkom bij het ​​cafe. Where in the Netherlands are you from?

TomMapfumo

Hi Koen!

Glad you followed orders and came up with a memorable title for your entrance.
A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from The Skabertawe Lights down by yer in Wales, mind.

I hope you really enjoy being part of the community here!
Kind regards
Tom

Sunray

Hey Hey Koen [wiv two oo's] ;}

Nice to meet you mate ...

So tell us about the sort of music you like to listen to and play ...

Young Sunray waves from Norfolk ... :old:

Koen88

Hi Koen!

Glad you followed orders and came up with a memorable title for your entrance.
A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from The Skabertawe Lights down by yer in Wales, mind.

I hope you really enjoy being part of the community here!
Kind regards
Tom
Thank you, I allready feel welcome by all of you, I think this is a place I can learn, share and contribute to the benefit of myself and others.

Oh how I love the Dutch sense of humour!! Just to prove it, here's my friend Ton in Oosterbeek this year. He can quote Monte Python, and most Carry on films almost word for word!

Welkom bij het ​​cafe. Where in the Netherlands are you from?
Dankjewel :welldone, I'm from the southern province Limburg and i live in a little village called Grathem. http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=grathem&hl=nl&sll=51.196423,5.863137&sspn=0.022187,0.055747&vpsrc=0&hnear=Grathem,+Leudal,+Limburg&t=h&z=14
we have population of about 1800 people, and 2 castles(!). A really active music "scene":from the top of my hat, about 4 coverbands, 1 concertband, 1 drumband and a considerately large (27 members) marching band-ish thing where we only play during Carnaval season (watch out Culture lesson alert) between 11-11 and the first day of christain/catholic fasting, it`s actually an old pagan feast that the church has adopted as one of their own. and has roots as far back as the romans (saturnalia). And especially the 5 days before the fasting we play alot a few times a day/night, but there`s a lot of beer involved so the quality may differ from our own perspectives at later hours;}...

and we have a few other healthy youth/and sport clubs so the social factor is high and there are a lot of oppertunities for young people in those organisations/clubs/bands.

Welcome to the cafe Koen :)

Enjoy your journey

ps. my fave is Gerald Albright and i see you have what he plays :thumb:
yeah Gerald Albright is a talented player, and Cannonball saxophones are really nice players too (prefer it over my SA80II).

Hey Hey Koen [wiv two oo's] ;}

Nice to meet you mate ...

So tell us about the sort of music you like to listen to and play ...

Young Sunray waves from Norfolk ... :old:
Nice to meet you to, the music I play is well A lot haha
  • If you`re interested a short version of my new coverbands playlist is on yt: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5C579C694C59DF2
  • I dont know if you know her but I believe she`s also known in the UK, I did a coverband of Caro Emerald where I transcribed all the music for.
  • for myself I like to play some jazz standards, and popular pop/rock solo`s. Or I try to play a long with a song I like..
  • and in the concert band we play mostly light music; Musical / movie themes and light classical.
  • in the marching band we play things like: proud mary, rock around the clock, tiger rag etc.. and some real carnaval pieces from germany and holland.

music I like to listen to is: all of the above + Big band music and a few artists that I regarly listen to (and right now!)
  • Benny Goodman
  • Screamin' Jay Hawkins
  • King Curtis
  • Charles Mingus
  • Sonny Rollins
  • Jan Garbarek

hope my posts arent to long for you all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom