All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

The Bell Tower Suite

Moz

Ages ago I composed a piece called The Bellringer and it was played at the sax week at Knuston Hall by some 'proper' sax players in 2009. When asked if there was any more I foolishly said I planned to make it a suite of five movements even though I hadn't written anymore at the time. I promised I would write the rest, I did and they played the suite for me at Knuston Hall in August of this year. The results are here and your comments good or bad would be much appreciated. I really don't know where to go next with composition in general (if anywhere) but if someone experienced in classical composition has a comment to make, I would be most interested.

Regards

Martin

rhysonsax

Hi Moz,

Link not working for me.

I found the page from your website home page and I'm enjoying listening to it now. It sounds like propoer music to me - I'd be interested to hear what experience you have of theory and arrangement and how you went about doing this.

Congratulations

Rhys

Rhys

Taz

Busking Oracle
Sorry your link didn't work for me either, so I too found it from your website. (Very professional it is too)
Well I'm bloomin well impressed mate, I know nothing about composing or theory, but I can imagine the first piece being played from a minstrels gallery. Beautiful and soothing were two words that came to mind.
Well done mate, I hope it's something you do excel at.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
The talent some of you guys have leaves me speechless.Off to my crying room to sulk now.:(

BigMartin

Very impressive! The only advice I can think of (I'm not experienced in composition but have done a lot of classical playing in my youth) is: keep it up.

Justin Chune

I enjoyed listening to that. It reminded me of a lot of early English music that I have played over the years by composers like William Byrd and John Bull, and many others. Your "proper" sax players sounded great. Our sax quartet has been suspended for the last few months due to the death of one friend, and the temporary resignation of another. However, we have two new starts coming this Sunday and I am really looking forward to playing quartets again.

Jim.

Jim.

AlanU

That was superb, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm not sulking, I'm just studying the carpet for the next few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom