Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Tagline: Beyond the myth lies America's greatest betrayal

Genre: Action, Drama, Western

Director: Andrew Dominik

Cast: Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck, Sam Rockwell, Sam Shepard, Mary-Louise Parker, Paul Schneider, Jeremy Renner, Garret Dillahunt, Zooey Deschanel, Michael Parks, Ted Levine, Brooklynn Proulx, Dustin Bollinger, Joel McNichol, James Defelice, J.C. Roberts, Darrell Orydzuk, Jonathan Erich Drachenberg, Torben S. Hansen, Alison Elliott, Lauren Calvert, Kailin See, Tom Aldredge, Jesse Frechette, Pat Healy, Joel Duncan, James Carville, Stephanie Wahlstrom, Adam Arlukiewicz, Ian Ferrier, Calvin Bliid, Sarah Lind, Nick Cave, Michael Copeman, Laryssa Yanchak, Anthony Harrison, Hugh Ross

Release: 2007-09-07

Runtime: 160

Plot: Outlaw Jesse James is rumored to be the 'fastest gun in the West'. An eager recruit into James' notorious gang, Robert Ford eventually grows jealous of the famed outlaw and, when Robert and his brother sense an opportunity to kill James, their murderous action elevates their target to near mythical status.

OP
Jules

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
Not a new movie but one I've only just discovered, this one impressed me hugely. I've always been sucker for westerns and more recent ones in particular where the myths of 'the West' tend to get deconstructed.
this is no exception to that rule- a slow, thoughtful piece which is as much about fame and fandom as its vaguely mythical feeling story arc. The script is stripped down and stark with moments of of (period appropriate) humour, visually it's absolutely gorgeous and and the cast all turn in great performances....(its easy to forget that Brad Pitt, behind his classic good looks, is actually a great actor).
The soundtrack is worthy of note too- folksy and melancholic piano and violin by Nick Cave and his sideman Warren Ellis

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom