supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

The 24 hour "No Politics" amnesty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Just for a laugh (how sadistic am I) I thought I would experiment with allowing posts of a political nature for 24 hours starting from now)

But only in this thread, which will be closed and/or deleted in 24 hours.

I reserve the right to close and/or delete it if it gets out of hand.

Der Wikinger

I am a minister, and I am religious and political, and probably politically incorrect in the minds of some. On the national day of prayer that our dear president Mr. Obama doesn't like: What if it were a Islamic day of prayer? If people did not like that, what would happen then? In America, it seems that your religion is just fine unless your a Christian. If you are "born-again" like I am, its even worse. That process is not some kind of brain washing, but a spiritual experience. We are not prejudiced , we care about everybody, and yet we are universally condemned. There is a big flap in the U. S. about the separation of church and state, but that statement is found nowhere in the U. S. constitution. It is found in a letter between John Adams, one of our founding fathers and some Baptist ministers expressing concern that there be no "government sponsored religion" so that a political will could not be forced upon the populace through religion. So what's my point? A National Day of Prayer should be a day that you can pray to whatever deity you choose, or not pray if you are an Atheist, but it seems that Christians are someone to beat upon. Vastly unfair and unjust.

Pee Dee

Just for a laugh (how sadistic am I) I thought I would experiment with allowing posts of a political nature for 24 hours starting from now)

But only in this thread, which will be closed and/or deleted in 24 hours.

I reserve the right to close and/or delete it if it gets out of hand.
Ah, to what do we owe this honour, is something political afoot?:confused:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I'm just glad I no longer qualify to vote in the UK. Seems from here that it's a bit like pulling a rabbit out of a hat - except that it's more like behaving like a tramp and trying to pull the best you can out of people's rubbish bins. >:)

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
We had an actual New Communist standing in Croydon.

They did offer me Commissar status but running the CaSLM is more profitable.

Do you think I might make a good politician?
WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...

I'm not sure what for but WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT...WE WANT OLD GIT>:):w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

jonf

We had an actual New Communist standing in Croydon.

They did offer me Commissar status but running the CaSLM is more profitable.

Do you think I might make a good politician?
I did see a 'Vote Communist' poster hanging from Ruskin House. Brought a smile to my face.

With all due respect OG, you'd make a crap politician.

jonf

Breakdown of political parties

Labour - busted flush, inevitable outcome of too many years in power. Fronted by a dour Sctosman.

Conservative - flimsy policies little more than soundbites, fronted by a posh bloke. Too many memories of the last Tory govt, a couple of Grandees so bad they actually ended up in prison.

Lib Dems - so many years with not a sniff of power that they'd promise the electorate the moon on a stick. Now quietly relieved they are not in danger of having to deliver. Also fronted by a posh bloke.

UKIP - BNP Lite

BNP - scum

Greens - fantasists

SNP, Plaid and Northern Irsih parties - parochial with no National mandate.

There. Have I slagged everyone off?

cherrybyte

Labour - busted flush, inevitable outcome of too many years in power. Fronted by a dour Sctosman.

Conservative - flimsy policies little more than soundbites, fronted by a posh bloke. Too many memories of the last Tory govt, a couple of Grandees so bad they actually ended up in prison.

Lib Dems - so many years with not a sniff of power that they'd promise the electorate the moon on a stick. Now quietly relieved they are not in danger of having to deliver. Also fronted by a posh bloke.

UKIP - BNP Lite

BNP - scum

Greens - fantasists

SNP, Plaid and Northern Irsih parties - parochial with no National mandate.

There. Have I slagged everyone off?
Whats wrong with being posh...??

At least the 'Grandees' got jailed for 'personal' reasons(Archer/Aitkin- both perjury) rather than robbing the public..for what we yet have to see any form of criminal trial

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Whats wrong with being posh...??

At least the 'Grandees' got jailed for 'personal' reasons(Archer/Aitkin- both perjury) rather than robbing the public..for what we yet have to see any form of criminal trial
Yep, but it's coming, though I still wonder why Tony Blair covered Mandelson's backside when he got caught... and now he's a peer. Says a lot.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Die Wilkinger,
You are a very brave man to admit to being a minister, we've just voted all ministers out, well until they insist on installing another bunch of rubbish.

Politicians generally are like Charles 1st, appointed by God, anointed by God's representative on Earth and insisting on staying, bit like the mother-in-law.

That nice Mr. Thomas, please delete this thread as promised at 7:37. Ma-in-law is due at 8pm and I'd like to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom