Saxophones That bari itch again - testing the water

jonf

I have just had a bit of a windfall, and am thinking about buying a Bauhaus Walstein baritone. I've been so pleased with the curly sop I bought that I am really keen on the idea of their baritone. However, I already have a baritone, and I really will have to sell it before I buy another one.

So, the issue. The bari I currently have is a valiant and somewhat battered old soldier, a Buescher 400 low Bb model. It's difficult to work out exactly how old it is, as the serial number seems to have a digit too many, but I would guess something from 1965 to 1975. It was bought from an esteemed fellow member of this forum, and has been well used. It has the expected dents and laquer loss, but it plays from top to bottom, and has a great Buescher bark. The upper stack is a little bit rattly, but it's an easy fix, or just ignore. Only likely to be a problem if you are playing closely miked up in a studio. Pads are a bit varied but all sealing. It comes with a perfectly usable unbranded Berg ebonite copy mouthpiece, and a stand as well. I'd be looking to get back what I paid for it, £500. It would have to be collected really, from near East Grinstead.

So - and the reason for posting here rather than in sales - is there likely to be any interest? If there is and I can sell it easily I'd be happy to pass it on, if not I would be happy to keep it. Anyone bari-curious :shocked: who'd like to try something new?

OP
jonf

jonf

Thanks for the offer Birdman, but the 360 mile round trip to your shop is a bit daunting. :w00t:

A shame, really, as I'd have liked to call in and have a look at some LAW mouthpieces.

Jon

Phil Edwards

Thanks for the offer Birdman, but the 360 mile round trip to your shop is a bit daunting. :w00t:

A shame, really, as I'd have liked to call in and have a look at some LAW mouthpieces.

Jon
Go on Jon, you've half talked yourself into it, off you go...

Pjonah

I'd be filling the tank now (don't mean German Panzer either), the real bonus is you won't need your passport either, Y Feni is a pleasant drive, Why note make a roadtrip out of it, 180 there spend the night, check out the Brains Skull Attack, Drive back the next day with new BW Low A...done deal!

You won't be dissappointed!

OP
jonf

jonf

Oh stop it you lot, the temptation is bad enough as it is.:D

Actually, I'd be prepared to buy one mail order but I really would have to sell the Buescher first. Two baris might stretch the Mrs F's tolerance a bit far....

phooesnax

Go for it Man! I have one on order and cannot wait to change my litle symbol next to my name.... I have a really realy ugly looking Holton from 1925 with a three pip octave system.

We can start BW low A club...haha

Lupifaro

Go for it Man! I have one on order and cannot wait to change my litle symbol next to my name.... I have a really realy ugly looking Holton from 1925 with a three pip octave system.

We can start BW low A club...haha
:) Shes gone to a new home in the midlands:welldone what with the 10% account discount scheme and a £500 part ex robbie got a whole lot if horn for £800:))) great deals at www.studiosaxophones.co.uk
although the buyer was not a CS member i will still be sending pete a £10 donation;}
birdman

Land of the Dragon

Top Bottom