support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Tension Ring

Haven't tried one.
They look like a variation on the excellent Francois Louis Ultimate ligs - but with much less contact around the mpc.

I bought Pete's. Not sure why he sold it.

I don't use it any more - the reed's held so loosely that it moves on the mouthpiece. So you go from playing easily to a no play in less than a second. ymmv.

Definition of "incredible" "so extraordinary as to seem impossible" "not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable"

Guess you can't have them under trade descriptions act then :)

Fraser, Pete wouldn't do either, I've yet to meet a better/straighter guy online.

All I'm saying is it didn't work for me.

Bought one last week from sax.co. So far not had any problem with it moving a bit fiddly to put on but otherwise i like it ,quick response nice tone,not bad for the price .:thumb:

Guess you can answer this in two ways, either 1/ you've answered your own question....or 2/ Pete knowingly sold you something that he knew didn't work....

The reason I sold it was the same reason I sold two Francois Louis Ligatures. I was researching ligatures that fit the PPT, so I bought some that looked promising to try them out. The fortissimo did not work well on the PPTs due to the large taper of the mouthpiece, but it worked extremely well on some other mouthpieces. The great thing about it is that it fits almost any size mouthpiece, provided that they don't taper too much.

Kev is right in that I would not sell something that I know doesn't work (without saying so).

So to answer Colin's question, they are great if you want something very versatile in one respect, but there are some mouthpieces it won't work with. Like any lig I suppose.

Kev is right in that I would not sell something that I know doesn't work (without saying so).
I know you wouldn't, was just having a bit of fun with you thats all.....Right while your on Pete i need some camera advice as i know your into photography, what it is I'm looking for is a small/compact camera that takes the picture instantly as it were, I've had a few small digitals now but they all have a terrible delay between pressing the shutter and the shutter actually doing something, any ideas?

What's that one on the telly that starts taking pics before you fully press?

I know you wouldn't, was just having a bit of fun with you thats all.....Right while your on Pete i need some camera advice as i know your into photography, what it is I'm looking for is a small/compact camera that takes the picture instantly as it were, I've had a few small digitals now but they all have a terrible delay between pressing the shutter and the shutter actually doing something, any ideas?

No, I'm not an expert. However you might find that the new models are much better at this than they were a couple of years ago. Best thing is to pop into Jessops.

No forget that, try to find a surviving camera shop and try them out. John Lewis's is where I would go.

I can now answer this, as I just bought a Nikon Coolpix 510

although thinking about it, this is not exactly a compact so maybe not what you want, but there is very little delay in capture, especially compared with my previous Lumix. Even if you are in preview mode, it switches over to record and capture quite quickly, which is a real boon to the modern day amateur photographer.

I agree the fortissimo ligature is not for everyone. But that can be said of many ligatures!

Ligatures have to cater for different sizes and shapes of mouthpieces and different expectations about what a ligature should do and how they should do it.

Besides many of us (whether we admit it in public or not) have a soft spot for looks, so this might look the part or not. There is no telling.

Cameras are not much different. Not all cameras will please everyone. If you want a fast camera you need to chose among the faster SLR but if you want a compact camera then your choice is somewhat limited. On top of everything else, you might get a fast shooting camera which is good at that and not so good at doing everything else.

So you really need to see for yourself (as for the ligature!).

This might help you

Extreme Performance Awards: Cameras With the Fastest Shot-to-Shot Time
Extreme Performance Awards: Cameras With the Fastest Shutters
http://snapsort.com/learn/continuous-shooting/fps

Last edited by a moderator:

We just bought a Nikon Coolpix PP7700 to replace a Canon G12 that we lost. Not noticed that problem with either, although I could see it happening if the autofocus was trying to follow a moving object. But I suspect that would happen with almost any autofocus camera.

Why did we not go for another Canon - even though we were delighted with the G12? Because the G12 had a movable screen - flipped out and tilted, which was great, particularly at gigs when you may need to reach up over the heads of the crowd. The new Canon (G15, I think) doesn't have that - but the Nikon Coolpix does.

Back
Top Bottom