support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Tenor Viol's musings

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in Cumbria
Café Supporter
OK. I've thought about doing this for a while - setting up a general thread for me to post in, rather than necessarily creating a separate new thread every time for relatively minor matters, or discussion of how things are going etc.

So, the first item is my FB page got me with an Amazon advert and I seem to have ordered a jazz theroy book... It will get delivered to the Amazon lockers at work on Monday

Tomorrow is a Café Trio/Quartet...Septet day where @trimmy is going to demonstrate ascending chromatic scales in augmented fourths, and descending in diminished fifths... :D

Yesterday was a wind band concert in Maghull. There were about 85 of us playing. We had a contrabassoon in the band...

upload_2016-10-22_14-25-1.jpeg

Tomorrow is a Café Trio/Quartet...Septet day where @trimmy is going to demonstrate ascending chromatic scales in augmented fourths, and descending in diminished fifths... :D
Haha you'll get a chromatic scale and that's about it !!
Sorry couldn't make the concert that horrible word 'work' got in the way !
Seen/heard basson but never a contrabassoon, it's huge :eek:
See you tomorrow just gotta go practice my chromatic scale ;)

Ps. Do i win the jazz theory book ;)

I met a Contra-bassoon about a year ago at a Film Orchestra concert I was playing in. He came along and sat next to me. It's a lovely tone and a nice instrument, but Bari (the sax) still won my heart! :rofl:

I hadn't realised @trimmy was such a capable scales player!

My teacher has me practicing scales in 3rds....and scales ending in very high notes, that I have to hold for as long as possible while crescendo-ing and decrescendo-ing. Also scales that begin on the lowest notes (same dynamics variation) Apparently it will help.... :w00t:

My mis-reading of Forum thread titles is getting worse. At least today's one was not obscene...

"Time Travel Warning"

You don't want to know what I thought some of you were posting about :oops:
I actually thought the same thing! Well, I don't know what you were thinking but I did think it was called "Time Travel Warning".

Sax lesson tonight. Having probs with larger intervals going down, e.g dropping a 6th from C to E. Also having probs with starting a low note, such as bottom D, cleanly. Not a problem if the reed is already vibrating.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom