All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Tenor saxophone- Bahaus Walstein bronze A1- as new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Warner

This is my lovely bronze BW TS PD de luxe Action Improved bronze tenor.....completely unmarked, virtually new and utterly ungigged (I am sure you couldn`t tell the difference between this and a new instrument apart from the price!) . Supplied by `Birdman` and recently checked and set up for me by our very own Griff. The current price is £805, but I will sell it at £625, and will also throw in a fairly new Yanagisawa 7 ebonite mouthpiece with new Rovner ligature and a box of 9 La Voz medium strength reeds. How`s that for a bargain for a first class tenor!
Usual commission to Pete`s charity.

Attachments

Paul Warner

This is my lovely bronze BW TS PD de luxe Action Improved bronze tenor.....completely unmarked, virtually new and utterly ungigged (I am sure you couldn`t tell the difference between this and a new instrument apart from the price!) . Supplied by `Birdman` and recently checked and set up for me by our very own Griff. The current price is £805, but I will sell it at £625, and will also throw in a fairly new Yanagisawa 7 ebonite mouthpiece with new Rovner ligature and a box of 9 La Voz medium strength reeds. How`s that for a bargain for a first class tenor!
Usual commission to Pete`s charity.
P.S......I will also include that rather nice and comfortable, broad leather neck strap....generous, or what?

griff136

This is a real nice horn and worth more than what Paul is asking for it particularly if you include the accessories. If anyone buys this horn from here I will throw in a free checkover in 6 months time if you can make it down to Devon.

go on you know you want it!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I'm not a tenor man but that seems likean absolute bargain to me good luck with the sale....john

Paul Warner

O.K. roll up, roll up! It`s Easter and I`m feeling both generous and benign etc., etc (read....: `hard up`). How about £595. This is a brilliant sax used by a lot of pro` mates when they don`t want to risk their Selmers etc. down in the orchestra pit or the rough old pub gig that we all know about. I`ve just checked over in sax.co.uk and the mouthpiece alone (superb!) would cost you £135. Add that into the sax, the reeds and the neckstrap and this amounts to a nine hundred pound outfit! Let me repeat....this sax has barely been out of its case and was recently checked over by Griff for me....see his comment above. BARGAIN. (I`m a one man charity!!!)

Rikki

Hi Paul,

Looks in beautiful nick, a real bargain. I already have an BW M2 which which really does it for me. Just curious to know what case that is as, I am thinking of replacing the one that came with the M2

Regards Rikki

Paul Warner

Hi Rikki. Case is fine. The originals were a little flimsy in some respects (e.g.-zips), but this is the new one, which is pretty good. By the way, your photo looks very like (suspiciously so) an old acquaintance. Are you he?....a remarkable look alike?...or did you nick it (sorry- `borrow`) from the esteemed Andy Shepherd?
Add detection (noseyness) to my remarkable qualities of generosity, etc.

Yanno

If I had the money! :(
Maybe someone will treat me seeing as a birthday is coming round the corner!
Good luck though!

Paul Warner

O.K.....there must be someone interested in a new, faultless sax outfit at a secondhand price. So, how about offers? It really hasn`t been played other to establish that it`s a good`un, and has been checked over by Griff (see above!).

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Sorry to see it struggling I think everybody must be in the same boat as you BORASIC LINT sign of the times heh....John

Heather

Hi Paul
I stay in Sweden and I'm interested in this saxophone for my daughter. She has been playing a Trevor James alto for a number of years now and wants to move to tenor. Does the Bauhaus have as good playability as the Trevor James instruments?
Heather

TomMapfumo

Hi Heather!

The Bauhaus Walstein is almost without parallel the best tenor sax available at under £1000, and many Cafe Sax members play them. They are well above the standard of student saxes and I would be very happy to own one if I was not already sorted.

Stephen Howard reviewed one of the first Bauhaus Walstein tenor saxes when they had just appeared in UK (under the name Walstein - copy of it here: http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Reviews/Saxes/Tenor/Walstein_versus_Yanagisawa.htm

Kind regards
Tom

Paul Warner

Hi Paul
I stay in Sweden and I'm interested in this saxophone for my daughter. She has been playing a Trevor James alto for a number of years now and wants to move to tenor. Does the Bauhaus have as good playability as the Trevor James instruments?
Heather
Hi Heather....please read Tom`s entirely unsolicited message above, and Steve Howard`s review. You won`t buy a better instrument of its type. I and many of my associates happily play BW instruments at a pro level.
Also.....many thanks Tom.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Heather, I have nothing to gain by saying this, but you can rest assured that Paul is a very genuine seller. I bought my baritone from him and it was not only exactly as described, but a very good price too. If this goes ahead, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with you new sax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom