All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Tenor Sax reeds

Di in France

Locality
France
Hi All,
I wondered if anyone had any unused tenor sax reeds hanging around, that they dont use and would be willing to sell?
I'll consider anything you've got in a 2.5 or perhaps 3 in Java, or Lavoz Medium
Thanks

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Di

This should really go in the yard sale as a wanted ad please can you edit re donation and I'll move it. :)

Thanks

Jx

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
Unfortunately none hangin' around my way - I purchased 4 Vandoren Classic tenor sax reeds last week and got charged over $33.00 NZ (over 16 British squid) - I told the young guy in the shop I wanted to buy some reeds not the bl!@dy plantation...

Greg S

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
You can pick up singles and packs of three on e bay. Some vendors will do you a mixed box. I paid £16 for a box of 5 vandoren classic blue. It was quite a shock last time I ordered. I'd run out of everything at the same time. £70+ for reeds is no joke.

thesaxman71

look at brookmays on ebay, but tell them you want them to ship them with the cheapest usps shipping and they are fine, keeps cost down, i bought 3 boxes of tenor reeds at around $16 each and $15 shipping.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
I am not a big fan of used reeds: bacteria love them.
Check reeds direct, they charge £3 for shipping to Europe (free in the UK)
Also Howarth might be worth contacting.

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
I tend to throw out reeds that I cannot use for whatever reason. If they are used they are, generally speaking, well played so of no use to someone else.

But it is always possible to find people whom have bought the wrong reeds or have stopped playing and are willing to sell them. I have also had reeds given to me but they were of a brand that I don’t play so sold them to someone else.

We have a site where people publish ads in the Netherlands (they will sell, I guess, to someone in France and reeds are small enough to be put in a cheap to send envelope).

This person has Rico, orange box, for sale, very cheap 25 reeds for 25 euro (maybe he will include shipping too), try that! Good luck!

Deadlink Removed

Griff

Locality
Northamptonshire
Hi All,
I wondered if anyone had any unused tenor sax reeds hanging around, that they dont use and would be willing to sell?
I'll consider anything you've got in a 2.5 or perhaps 3 in Java, or Lavoz Medium
Thanks

Hi Di
not sure its worth it , i have two java red 2.5 (unused) still wrapped. your more than welcome to have.
paul

Di in France

Locality
France
Hey, thanks Paul, I've tried one java red 2.5 and liked it quite a lot. I can pay for them with postage.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
I'll have a rummage tomorrow - i seem to have a huge selection of reeds, left over from when I was trying to get comfortable with my previous tenor....

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Hi All,
Thanks
I have a Rico Royal 2.5, a vandoren Jazz 2, and some Rico La Voz medium, still in packets.

I also have a Rico Jazz select 2H, a Rico V-3 (not sure if that's the strength or type) and a Rico Royal 2, which don't look used (but are not in packets, only in the plastic reed covers).

If any take your fancy, let me know and I'll pop them in the post, they are only cluttering up my drawers!

Ads

Locality
North West UK
I
If any take your fancy, let me know and I'll pop them in the post, they are only cluttering up my drawers!

What a Bizarre place to keep them ..............

Ads

Locality
North West UK
I guess they`d be in the "Tenor Lady" Reed Holder .....................................

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Please will you keep yard sale threads on topic.

Thank you

Jeanette

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom