All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

SOLD Tenor Mouthpieces

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Price of Item
£10 - £140
During the last three years I have been engaged in a quest for the perfect tenor mouthpiece. Unfortunately, the perfect mouthpiece needs a perfect player to sound perfect, so the quest is endless, but I have picked up some nice mouthpieces on the way. In fact I have picked up too many mouthpieces, and it’s time to sell some.

All of these mouthpiece have low baffles, and none of them is a paint-peeler. Needless to say, none of these is the perfect tenor mouthpiece for me (or I wouldn’t be selling it) but it may be exactly the right mouthpiece for someone else.

1. Ted Klum Hard Rubber FocusTone Acoustimer 2. 0.105” tip. (7*)
Ted Klum is an American maker of high-quality hand-made mouthpieces. This is a very good Link-style mouthpiece with a large round chamber. Dark sounding and flexible - it can be loud, but I have also played it in a quartet (though I had to hold back). Used, but in good condition.
Price £140 plus postage SOLD

2. Vandoren V16 T6 Ebonite. A good clean sound, quite a lot brighter than the Klum. Very slight teeth marks on beak, but otherwise almost like new in original box.
Price: £60 plus postage SOLD

3. Meyer Ebonite 7, medium chamber, medium facing, in original box. Smooth sound. On the quieter side compared with the Klum and the Vandoren but makes a good sound. Well-used but in good condition.
Price £60 plus postage SOLD

4. Unknown brand ebonite mouthpiece - possibly Selmer USA. It seems quite old and there is some ligature scratching on the top. The name has worn off, but “USA” is just visible. Tip opening seems to be about 5 as far as I can tell. Chamber is similar to the Meyer. This is like a quieter version of the Meyer - smooth and tending to the polite, but it can be woken up with the right reed.
Price £35 plus postage

5. Bilger-Morgan 5M, number 11064. Well-used. My understanding is that these mouthpieces were made by David Bilger and finished by Ralph Morgan. More classical sounding than the others, but not bland. Round chamber. Scratched, with some tooth marks and with a couple of (very) tiny chips in the rails.
Price £60 plus postage

6. No-brand Chinese mouthpiece. The box says 4c Ebonite, but I assume that it is made of plastic rather than hard rubber. High, narrow horseshoe chamber. Sounds OK - very playable.
Free, in return for a £10 donation to the YardSale

The mouthpieces are in order, left to right in the pictures.
If anyone wants more pictures, I can provide them.

IMG_1765 lores.jpg

IMG_1766 lores.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick Cook

Hi Nigel,

If the Meyer is still available, I'd be interested.

Does it come with a cover and a ligature?

Nick

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
Hi Nigel,

If the Meyer is still available, I'd be interested.

Does it come with a cover and a ligature?

Nick
Hi Nick,

Yes the Meyer is still available. I have tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.

Nick Cook

Hmmm...I don't know how to clear that!

Could you send me an email mod edit email removed Jx

ta

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
Meyer mouthpiece sold. Donation made.
@Jeanette - please could you mark it as sold in the first post.

Nick Cook

Hi Nigel, the Meyer arrived today, thanks for that. Just been having a play and I think it's going to be just what I'm after. I have been using a metal Berg Larsen for the last several years so it might take a while to get used to it. Sounds a lot more mellow than the Berg which is what I wanted.

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
Ted Klum mouthpiece sold. Donation made.
@Jeanette - please could you mark the mouthpiece as sold on the first post.

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
Vandoren V16 mouthpiece sold. Donation made.
@Jeanette - please could you mark the mouthpiece as sold on the first post.

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
Are these still for sale?

Thanks

Jx
@Jeanette - The best three are sold, and I want to make a new posting with a couple of others, so please could you move this thread to the SOLD area.

Many thanks

Nigel

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom