support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Tenor mouthpiece, clarinet mouthpiece, and Backun clarinet barrel

sax panther

Café Supporter
Locality
UK
Price of Item
£40 - £80
For sale....grab a bargain. I will probably spend the proceeds on more mouthpieces.

Tenor Rousseau Studio Jazz mouthpiece SOLD
This is the SJ5, which according to the rousseau website equates to a .100 tip opening (same as a link 7). Bit of an impulse purchase after reading some good reviews of it on here and elsewhere (it appears the main man Pete Thomas likes a Rousseau from searching past posts). Sounds nice, but I don't find it preferable to the multitude of nice mouthpieces I already have! Very easy to get low notes on it. Comes with metal ligature and cap, in the original box. Little bit of wear/fading on the beak, tip and rails are still great. Selling new at sax.co.uk for £136, this one is yours for £70 including postage to UK.

Vandoren B40 Clarinet mouthpiece
I really like the B40. So much so, I've ended up with two, which does seem excessive so one is going on here. Plays very nicely, used by many top pros. Big, rich sound, plays flawlessly but has some fading. I've used the B40 for classical and jazz gigs and it sounds great on both. £95 brand new at Dawkes, this one is yours for £40 including postage.

Backun cocobolo fatboy clarinet barrel - 65mm. SOLD
Gorgeous piece of kit, this gives a warm, round sound and noticeably evens out the timbral differences between the registers, making the usually slightly fluffier throat notes sound clearer and more like the clarion register. Fantastic condition. Selling because on the clarinet I play at the moment, a 66 or 67 mm barrel works better for me. These are £150 new at Dawkes, grab this one for only £80 including postage!

Last edited by a moderator:
Backun Barrel and Rousseau mouthpiece now sold outside the forum.

Wonderful bargain B40 clarinet mouthpiece still available for just 40% of the cost of a new one....

Clarinet piece still for sale?

Jx

Still for sale, and still holding out hope of selling this fine piece on here instead of offering to the unwashed masses on eBay..

I have a young friend who is a full time pro clarinet player. She played Vandoren B45s for a long time before changing to the B40. The broader rails of the B40 give her greater stability, she feels.

I used to have a B45 for a bit, far prefer the B40 though from Vandoren's range. The D'addario reserves are also very nice (I've got an X10) and in the same price range as the Vandorens, although you won't find one for the bargain price of this lovely B40.

I'll post some sound clips, but I've got gigs every night until middle of next week so it won't be for a while.

I've started using this B40 again as it works pretty well with the slightly too soft legere euro cut that I've got, so this one is off the market (for the moment at least) and the thread can be closed.

Back
Top Bottom