All fees from subs and sales are supporting musicians suffering hardship due to COVID-19
SYOS

M/Pieces - Ligs Ted Klum 'VersiTone Acoustimax' AMBER (Alto) - Wanting views on this mouthpiece please!

Alexandra

Subscriber
Hi

Does anyone have experience of the Ted Klum Versitone Acousitmax, in particular the amber version? I'd be considering a 6 opening (0.077).

Ted Klum VersiTone™ Acoustimax™ (Alto)

asamber-1 (1).jpeg

My Yany AWO10 was defective and replaced with a new model under warranty and the new model is significantly more resistant (it's been checked by two technicians a couple of months back, before anyone asks about leaks, and had the C pad-height raised).

Is the Versitone Acoustimax fairly free-blowing? I class a Jody Jazz HR* as very free-blowing while I find a modern Selmer Soloist hard work (at least the one I tried!)

Thanks! Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Looks pretty! Now, is the material really making a difference to the sound? Many are of the opinion that it doesn't.

You really have to try it yourself.

OP
Alexandra

Alexandra

Subscriber
I'd love to try one but I'll have to order it from abroad because I can't find a UK stockist. I thought I'd ask for people's thoughts before committing to delivery costs, cost of MP etc.

I know it's difficult to say how a particular MP will feel from one person to the next, but some are known for certain traits...poor/good manufacturing, free-blowing or not, easily breakable etc...but maybe this isn't one of those pieces!

GJ77

Howarth we’re stocking them at one point. I can’t speak for this particular model, but I can vouch for the quality of Ted Klum’s work.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom