All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Teasing Crocodiles

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
An African based rhythmic guitar loop with tenor improv.

For your enjoyment. Comments of any sort welcome.

DeadAudiolink Removed

BigMartin

HI Wade

Very nice, once again. I like your stuff, but for my taste (and of course this is all a matter of taste) it's all a bit laid-back. It would be nice to hear something a bit more up-rempo and with more rhythmic "punch". I mean as well as, not instead of, the laid-back stuff. But maybe you're just a laid-back kind of guy.

Cheers

Martin

johnboy

Wade, that was great :mrcool
VERY NICE SOUND, WITH VIBRATO, it makes all the difference:thumb:

John:);}

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Wade, that sounds cool:mrcool, nice tone, interesting phrasing, and not rushed.:welldone

Chris

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
HI Wade

Very nice, once again. I like your stuff, but for my taste (and of course this is all a matter of taste) it's all a bit laid-back. It would be nice to hear something a bit more up-rempo and with more rhythmic "punch". I mean as well as, not instead of, the laid-back stuff. But maybe you're just a laid-back kind of guy.

Cheers

Martin
Thanks martin and all. Everything that's on the soundcloud page is just edited from practice "jams" in which all is improvised. Like you I play one note at a time (one trouser leg at a time as well). This means that I'm following what the rhythm and chord structure is of those I'm playing with. I guess I'm associated with fairly laid back players right now, but have played with rockers and fairly heavy blues types. No recordings though. It's my intention to try and write some different "framework charts" for us to play. The guitarist I usually play with can read charts, but can’t follow me if I lay down a line, so it must be written out. I enjoy the challenge of improvising with "new" music and sounds and trying to give it it's own life rather than playing at the edge of my abilities in order to show off technique (haven’t got great technique anyway so not much point to that). Creating something from nothing based on a modal guitar loop is a challenge. Just playing "the changes" isn't an option. For now I'm musically tied to those who I play with, but find a lot of satisfaction in it. Here’s a couple of different cuts that are also on soundcloud. Don’t know if you already checked them out. One is fairly complex rhythmically and the other is with a different guitarist, so very different in feeling. It’s coming from a “free jazz” space and he added in some other instruments after the fact. Still not rock and roll, but somewhat different.
DeadAudiolink Removed
http://soundcloud.com/whampton-court/magpies

BigMartin

Here’s a couple of different cuts that are also on soundcloud. Don’t know if you already checked them out. One is fairly complex rhythmically and the other is with a different guitarist, so very different in feeling. It’s coming from a “free jazz” space and he added in some other instruments after the fact. Still not rock and roll, but somewhat different.
DeadAudiolink Removed
http://soundcloud.com/whampton-court/magpies
Thanks for those. I particularly enjoyed the darklightmix one. Nice contrast to some of your other stuff. I certainly wasn't looking for rock and roll. I've made my views on that subject clear (perhaps a bit too bluntly!) in another thread here. I suppose rhythm is uppermost in mind at the moment as I'm aware that it's something I tend to neglect in my own playing (such as it is). So I'm always on the lookout (or is that listen-out?) for interesting examples.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom