All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Teacher Wanted Teacher - South Manchester, England?

Richard10002

Locality
Manchester
I've had my alto for 6 weeks now and have put off getting a teacher, for fear of getting the wrong one, I guess.

I live just South West of Manchester in Urmston, handy for the M60, so can get to many places quite quickly outside of rush hours.

1) I've found a teacher called Chooie on the web who offers a free hour, then 5 hours at £12.50, thereafter £17.50 per hour. He is in Sale, so only ten minutes from home. Seems too good to be true - anyone know of him, or have any comment:

http://www.chooi.co.uk/sax/special_offer.shtml

2) Also found a more "traditional" teacher at £25 per hour - Neil Richard, who is in Glossop, which is 45 minutes away, and a lesson would take up a whole evening.

Captcha

3) A friends son is taught by a teacher called Sarah Masters in Sale, Manchester. Again only minutes from home.

Anyone any comments on the above, or any recommendations for a good teacher in the Manchester area - preferably South of the City, Stockport, Altrincham, Sale, Didsbury, Stretford, Chorlton, etc., but I would travel a bit if necessary.

Many Thanks

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Make sure you have a trial/introductory lesson before committing. Discuss what you want to play/learn. A good teacher will want to do this from his/her side as well. Getting on well from the start is important.

I've a feeling there's also a forum member in Whalley Range or Chorlton who teaches. I'll pm you if I can remember his name.

Richard10002

Locality
Manchester
Make sure you have a trial/introductory lesson before committing. Discuss what you want to play/learn. A good teacher will want to do this from his/her side as well. Getting on well from the start is important.

I've a feeling there's also a forum member in Whalley Range or Chorlton who teaches. I'll pm you if I can remember his name.

Could it be Sam Lewis? - I googled a bit more and came up with this.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Could it be Sam Lewis? - I googled a bit more and came up with this.

adrianallen, he's a music teacher, not sure if he teaches sax. I don't know anyone who's been taught by him.

There are quite a few members from Manchester/Greater Manchester. Hopefully one of them will have some recommendations for you as well.

andyjb

Locality
Manchester
1) I've found a teacher called Chooie on the web who offers a free hour, then 5 hours at £12.50, thereafter £17.50 per hour. He is in Sale, so only ten minutes from home. Seems too good to be true - anyone know of him, or have any comment:

http://www.chooi.co.uk/sax/special_offer.shtml
Hi Richard,

I've used Paul as a teacher and had a couple of lessons. Would recommend, if you are looking for an environment that is informal, you won't go far wrong.

I have only stopped going to him as I didn't have time over summer. Now the nights are drawing in again the sax is calling me....

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
There are several manchester based teachers listed in the directory on here.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom