Teacher Wanted Teacher.. jazz..Manchester/High Peak area?

nickh

Just wondered if anyone knew of a good Jazz Tenor Sax teacher in the Manchester or High Peak area? Could be either as i live in the High Peak and work in Salford Quays.

I do have a local teacher at the moment but ts becoming very hard to get regular lessons with her due to her other commitments. Shes classically orientated and I still intend to see her for occasional lessons.. But sometimes i have to wait 2/3 months for a lesson and i don't think its helping my progress.

I have had a quick google and there are several people i could approach but a personal recommendation is best so i though i'd sound people out here first.

Last edited:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Mine is neilshawhulme.com and I mentioned you to him but he doesn't go as far as Glossop might be worth a ring if you can't find anyone to see if you can work something out as he may have some rooms in Bollington he can do lessons in now if you can get to him :)

Jx

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Sorry Nick

Wish I could help but I have only had 2 and the first was a young lady at Johnny Roadhouse,but that only lasted a few weeks and the other was Will Lenton a great guy and great tutor,unfortunately he moved out into the wilds of ebden bridge and it took too long to travel either way so unfortunately that came to an end.
Hope you find some one that suits you and you get along with ......John

nickh

Just had a look at where will lenton is based. Shame but I think Todmorton is too far away for it to be workable.

I have a couple of teachers I might approach for a trial lesson in Manchester.

Anyway... Got a little boost to my playing arriving today. A couple of mouthpieces to try from Morgan Fry. (@Jeanette yes.. I know.. Couldn't resist!)

richardr

You're right: my teacher is Will Lenton whom I can recommend but he's based in Todmorden. I'm going for a lesson later today and if I remember I'll ask him for recommendations.

One idea that comes to mind is Danny Thompson who works at Forsyth's on Saturdays. I haven't had lessons from him but he seems to know his stuff (I think he's RNCM-trained) and he's given me plenty of good advice over the years.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I refuse point blank to go down this try every one of the Miriad of MPC's route, unless some one can catagoricly guarantee that there's one that can make me sound like David Sandborn and another that will make me sound like Paul Desmond apart from that I'll stick with my alto PPT which has proved to be a very nice MPC's

nickh

You're right: my teacher is Will Lenton whom I can recommend but he's based in Todmorden. I'm going for a lesson later today and if I remember I'll ask him for recommendations.

One idea that comes to mind is Danny Thompson who works at Forsyth's on Saturdays. I haven't had lessons from him but he seems to know his stuff (I think he's RNCM-trained) and he's given me plenty of good advice over the years.

Thanks Richard. That would be great.
I'll see if i can find out a bit more about Danny Thompson

No replies to threads here, this is listing only. Please contact teachers/students by PC.
Top Bottom