• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Tascam DP-008 "Pocketstudio", boxed, manual, SD card, USB cable

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Price of Item
£115
Hi folks

Fancy a simple solution to making multi-track recordings on your own? This, then, is the badger for you - just add batteries and headphones and you're off. Comes with manual, 2Gb SD card to get you going (takes SDHC cards up to 32Gb, but not SDXC cards), and a USB lead which you won't really need but it was in the box when I got it down from the loft. See, I didn't need it... SD card still has original demo song, plus a recording I made when I first got it; please don't judge too harshly!

Has built-in microphones, two variable-sensitivity inputs (jack and XLR), phantom power. Records 2 tracks at once, up to 8 total, but you could in theory "bounce" those down to a sub-mix and keep going. Can export either individual tracks or a stereo mix to a PC for further work or just to make an MP3. On-board EQ and reverb, ability to "punch in" to correct mistakes, all sorts of stuff.

For a review, see Tascam DP008; for the manual, see https://www.tascam.eu/en/docs/DP-008_Manual.pdf.

Excellent condition. Sale due to upgrade to the DP-008ex. Will put it on the Devil's Junkyard on the next £1 selling fees opportunity, if it doesn't sell here.

Sale price includes Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For to the UK, which will cover up to £350. If you'd like more cover or speed just ask, looks like full cover would be another £7 or so.

IMGP4118+pp-sm.jpg

IMGP4119+pp-sm.jpg

Would this work as a mixer as well- run multiple mics in then USB it to the DAW on my laptop, mixed down to two channels?

Would this work as a mixer as well- run multiple mics in then USB it to the DAW on my laptop, mixed down to two channels?
Hi Jules
No, don't think so. It only has the two inputs, and the USB is only for transferring files to and from a PC. Tascam missed a trick there...
Best regards
Jonathan

As promised, now up on eBay (for a bit more to cover their fees/PayPal). Would still prefer to sell here and contribute to the Cafe Fundraising, but the chance is slipping away from you.

I didn't mean to jump in other than to offer a suggestion. I'm happy you also see this. I hope someone can use the Tascam, they make good stuff.

I didn't mean to jump in other than to offer a suggestion. I'm happy you also see this. I hope someone can use the Tascam, they make good stuff.
No worries. It's much preferable to have the right tool for the job, which in some cases this is. I've seen the threads on how hard it is to pick the "right" microphone/interface/laptop/software combination and get them to work...

I too like Tascam stuff: the DP-008 is by no means perfect, there are a few areas which bug me and there's a bit of a learning curve, but in general they're not bad at giving you tools which just let you get on with the job. In this case, making a quick multi-track recording using the minimum of extra kit - SD card, batteries and a set of headphones and you're up and running.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom