All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Tapatalk problem

visionari1

Recently when using my iphone with tapatalk to view the Cafe Sax forum, which I have set up to go to new posts, it comes up with a blank cafe sax page, though it does say how many new post there are. If I go direct to the forum I can see everything, but have lost the new posts.

I also have SOTW on my Iphone tapatalk which is working fine (loading the new post section), so I don't think deleting tapatalk and reloading would help!

Any suggestions??

Keeping abreast of Cafe sax via the new posts is pretty essential on the iphone.

Cheers & Ciao

Jimu

Pauline

Subscriber
Jimu, I have the same problem with it on my Itouch. It started straight after I downloaded the latest update. Wish I hadn't now! Sounds like it's got a bug.

visionari1

Yeah Gday Andy and Pauline, I have it and didn't update anything!

It's a worry!

Cheers
Jimu

visionari1

Hi Pete,
Yer a marvel,

Tapatalk is now showing new post from my iPhone.

Well done

Cheers
Jimu

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I've had an I Touch for a few years but never used it to access the interweb because I've always thought I'd end up getting a bill for a few million ( might be a bit over the top there) but you know what I mean,how does it work.

Pauline

Subscriber
Well mine is just linked to our home wifi and I find I use it far more than the computer for checking emails, facebook, cafesax, eBay, amazon etc etc most of which are automatically logged in and therefore quicker to get at via icons on the main screen. I have also used it very successfully at places with free wifi. The only time it's cost me anything is at hotels which make a small charge such as £5 for 15 mins use which is plenty to check emails. I would be lost without it and am seriously thinking of getting an iPhone.

Pauline

Subscriber
Forgot to say - when you try to access the Internet a window comes up showing the wifi available and asking for a password. If its your home wifi you just put it in the once and it remembers it after that, it won't even ask again. Some cafes will give you the password free if you are a customer. Hope that is helpful.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Forgot to say - when you try to access the Internet a window comes up showing the wifi available and asking for a password. If its your home wifi you just put it in the once and it remembers it after that, it won't even ask again. Some cafes will give you the password free if you are a customer. Hope that is helpful.
Hi Pauline

Thanks for the info Now I understand, it accesses any available WIFI.For some unknown reason I had it in my head that it used some sort of telephone connection,SILLY ME.Now while we are on the subject I have a phone that I don't use very much because it takes for ever to boot up when you turn it on and various other reasons it's a ***** N73,now that has an 02 button that is far too easy to touch that connects to the internet,will that be via the phone line at cost or is it likely to be wifi access, anybody got any comments on the N 73....john

ps why doesn't it let me put the make of the phone in

pps are you using it in your avatar pic

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
John, the phone's internet connection cost depends on your contract. If you're going to use it much, flat rate is usually a better bet. This connection goes over the phone network but coverage is most of the UK. Quite a few different connection methods here, the phone should handle it automatically. Apart from differing speeds and an icon telling you how it's connected (2G, GPRS etc. ), it should be transparent to you.

Some places let you connect to their wifi - either free or at a price, you have to ask them individually - e.g. hotels, cafes... Any costs you pay direct, not through the phone contract. Usually they need to tell you how to connect. And if you have a wireless modem at home, you can connect your phone using wifi via that as well. Coverage is usually within the building only for wifi connections. Wifi can be pretty unreliable.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Re: tapatalk

IAs well as the end user installing it on your phone, I also install a forum tapatalk. When upgrades for anything come along I usually like to wait a while to install them.

The problem this seems to be that when the users version upgrade is is installed before the forum one is upgraded is when we get problems, so from now on I will try to install all upgrades ASAP.

trimmy

One day i will...
John, If you are with 02 and on payg then you can add a "bolt on" and pay £5,£10,£15 a month for internet access depending on the usage you require, just contact 02 :)

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
John, If you are with 02 and on payg then you can add a "bolt on" and pay £5,£10,£15 a month for internet access depending on the usage you require, just contact 02 :)
Thanks for that trimmy

I am on o2 but in truth don't use my mobile that much so last time I renewed my contract I went for a sim only deal for £10 a month that seems to give me adequate usage and cancel any time.It's 150 mins and 300 texts, last month I used 64 mins and 11 texts I don't text very much for the obvious reasons,at my speed it would be quicker to drive there and tell them what I had to say,but I have on many occasions wanted to access the interweb whilst out and about but always thought this would probably be charged at some ludicrous rate and at the speed I can type things it would devour my allotted minutes,I do get quite a few texts from O2 offering all sorts of things but I never take them because I'm always worried about fraudulent texts that get you to type in a number and all of a sudden they've done you for £150 so I just delete them.How do you tell they are genuine I don't know.Lately I have been getting loads of calls on my mobile which is terrible reception at my home address and I think they are from o2 because they seem to mention o2 and a contract but it is almost impossible to understand because whoever it is sounds like they are from deepest Africa with an unbelievable accent that is impossible to understand.

All the best john

MartinL

This thread was the first time I had heard of Tapatalk... Now installed and working.. great tool

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom