PPT mouthpieces

Tagging Mp3s and Audiobooks question

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
Does anyone here know what format/tag defines an Audiobook? Let me explain- I've put a load of playalong CDs and MP3 tutorials on my Ipod and want to separate them from my music collection (random play throwing up Hal Leonard palyalong tracks is mildly irritating). I'd been wondering if its feable to somehow tag them so they can be loaded as audiobooks not music. Anyone have any experience of doing this (I'm assuming an audiobook is basically a stack of MP3s..?)

Hi Jules

According to this forum: http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=17735 it is best to make a play list of all your songs, remove those you do not want to be included and then shuffle that play list.

Agreed,
(I assume you use itunes before the rest of the post becomes hassle free)
Playlists are the way to go and very easy to do in iTunes (or at least once you have already done it once)
So you could make a play list identical to your music library on the iPod then remove the tuition stuff from it. Set the iPod to play that list only or better still sync to it only from the computer which will mean the tuition stays on the computer and doesn't download to the iPod.
Good Luck

Agreed,
which will mean the tuition stays on the computer and doesn't download to the iPod.
cheers guys, the playlist approach does seem to be the way to go, I'd been assumnig that defining some MP3s as a book might be a matter of simply ticking a box somewhere. I actually use my playalongs on the ipod for 'singalong' practice in my car.... but only when by myself...

Actually- from Pete's post, this seems to do exactly what's required...

"1. Right-click on the song listed in iTunes and select Get Info.
2. On the Options tab, change Media Kind to Audiobook.
3. Click OK. iTunes will move this item from the Music section of your Library to the Audiobooks section, but the name and location of the actual file won’t change."
An evening tweaking harmonica tutorials and Hal Leonards' beckons

Also in options you can tick "skip when shuffling".

thanks for the information.... all very handy

Back
Top Bottom