support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones System 54 PB R Tenor with solid silver neck

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Just got 2 horns to test off our Birdman Pete Scaddan at Studio Saxophones:thumb:.I ended up keeping both:shocked:1st was a great Selmer MK VII tenor which for a jazz setting will be great.2nd was a System 54 bare brass power bell rolled tone hole model with a solid silver 54 neck.1 of my students got a system 54 tenor in the dark honey lacquer a while back and it blew great and knew they played nice but this bare brass beast blows a storm.Ergonomics are very swift and close.I owned the bare brass curved neck 54 soprano but had to sell to raise funds for other gear.Wish i had kept it now for sure.Compared to my few Mauriat 66ruls i have had i think the 54 is atad more flexible but as powerful and the 54 has much nicer key placement in my hands.Build on these is fantastic and solid.I blew it the other night on a full on loud gig in a section and it roared.Theres so much pop to each note and intonation is spot on.Overall i think this tenor is a force to be reckoned with.

:))) Ha.... "may contain geordies"..
By the way, Davey- loving the Theo- purrs like a pussycat and screams like a banshee..... We likes, we does....

Glad your happy Jules the main man of the chilli eaters.

Old Git,its a bugger on chops but with my big fat gob i just manage,just is the word.

Two new saxes!!!! You lucky lad. Does that mean we can see some of your used items in the yard sale?
Oh and does Mrs Davey know about this or is it a ('n other) surprise?
Andrew

stuff gone already.:shocked: As for her in doors shes not happy i can tell you.My ears are rather bruised to say the least.Not to mention the never ending sharp remarks and evil hate looks.Keep my head low for a good while.I suppose i could crawl alot and by her a bunch of flowers but i dont think the flowers would look nice popping out my ar_e.I will spoil her at xmas and spend £10.00 on a box of milk tray instead of a my normal £5.00 selection box>:)

Just got 2 horns to test off our Birdman Pete Scaddan at Studio Saxophones:thumb:.I ended up keeping both:shocked:1st was a great Selmer MK VII tenor which for a jazz setting will be great.2nd was a System 54 bare brass power bell rolled tone hole model with a solid silver 54 neck.1 of my students got a system 54 tenor in the dark honey lacquer a while back and it blew great and knew they played nice but this bare brass beast blows a storm.Ergonomics are very swift and close.I owned the bare brass curved neck 54 soprano but had to sell to raise funds for other gear.Wish i had kept it now for sure.Compared to my few Mauriat 66ruls i have had i think the 54 is atad more flexible but as powerful and the 54 has much nicer key placement in my hands.Build on these is fantastic and solid.I blew it the other night on a full on loud gig in a section and it roared.Theres so much pop to each note and intonation is spot on.Overall i think this tenor is a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks for the shout out Davey..That 54 is some horn set up by Justin Pavey he sets up Ben Waghorns horns,the only one in the UK
you got the best of both worlds as the Mk 7 is a great blower as well.....2horndaveyboy...way 2 go :)

Thanks for the shout out Davey..That 54 is some horn set up by Justin Pavey he sets up Ben Waghorns horns,the only one in the UK
you got the best of both worlds as the Mk 7 is a great blower as well.....2horndaveyboy...way 2 go :)

Likewise good buddy,you got a special Borgani there fella.A true hand made rare sexy italian starlet in sexy sleek black.Yes the 54 is a pleasure to blow,love the sterling silver neck.Keeping the 7 and 54 away from the Mrs as they will end up wrapped around my neck like a tuba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever thought of making a list of your saxes over the last few years?

I'm visiting Newcastle on work and trying to find live music with saxophones. Where should I be looking?

Rhys

Checkout the Jazz Cafe in pink lane.Also checkout the Cluny.Have you looked on the Sage website to see whats on.Also the Corner House has lots of jazz on plus the Black Bull in Blaydon.Phone before hand and your sorted.

Checkout the Jazz Cafe in pink lane.Also checkout the Cluny.Have you looked on the Sage website to see whats on.Also the Corner House has lots of jazz on plus the Black Bull in Blaydon.Phone before hand and your sorted.

Cheers Davey,

I was over the Gateshead side last night and had a great curry. Also walked through the Sage centre and picked up the current programme of events. The building is very impressive and the footbridge too.

Next time I am up here I will check out the more central venues you suggested (no car). How local to here do you play yourself ?

Rhys

Cheers Davey,

I was over the Gateshead side last night and had a great curry. Also walked through the Sage centre and picked up the current programme of events. The building is very impressive and the footbridge too.

Next time I am up here I will check out the more central venues you suggested (no car). How local to here do you play yourself ?

Rhys

I live in south shields on the coast,my house is just beside were the great north run ends on the cliffs.I play on the queyside alot,in the Sage in the smaller middle halls and in the Baltic art centre,the Gateshead Hilton and lots of other Newcastle posh hotels.All these are in my wedding funtion band www.hipoperation.co.uk .I do duo gigs on the quey and around the town at times also but not many the last few years as times are hard.Hipoperation is now a chain,theres 3 bands,same name,same songs,same setup.Band 3 travel were us in band 2 and band 1 only play local to about 50 miles.Were also starting a 14 piece super group playing mostly disco stuff.Just cut a new cd and shot a video for it for the new site for it.Got a crazy 16 gigs in december now,its full on at times.