Tutorials

Super Cheap Alto

jonf

The clearout continues. Super cheap alto. This one is a John Packer JP 041. It's in excellent shape, with just the most minor of scratches from clothing. Has a rigid hard case, and a Graftonite C5 mouthpiece, so a decent mouthpiece to get you going. This sax has an underslung neck, double arms on low C and B keys, high f#, adjustable thumb rest, etc. It's a well regarded brand. All pads, bumpers, corks and springs are in A1 order. I can play it right through the range with good breath support, but it has a minor leak somewhere which really should be fettled. In view of this, the price is a bargain £100.

Postage is £18 or you can collect for nowt from central London. Taking photos tomorrow - PM me if you're interested. I'll make a 5% donation as usual.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Or at least I tried to. Your inbox is full.

Strange the machine didn't warn me this time. I deleted something, but I realized I am after a JP45 (like mine). Not sure about the difference, if any

jonf

Last chance before eBay at the weekend. A decent sax for a hundred quid?

P1020342.jpg P1020343.jpg P1020345.jpg

jonf

Now on eBay, with the leak found and fixed, now plays very well.

JohnnyB

Hi Jonf, I was wondering if you have any other offers like the JP041. It looked like a great offer !!

jonf

Hi, I sold the JP on eBay, but do have an inexpensive soprano, a B & S Sonora tenor and (probably) a Yamaha YAS23/Vito. All play well. The tenor has a great tone.

I was going to sell all three after my holidays next week. However, if anyone's interested now, post or PM me and I'll sort out some details.

Jon

Members online

Top Bottom