All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

summertime

tommy

God I think it will take in to summertime to get this recorded playing well timing in and out but not bad after about half an hour start to record .Just as he presse's that button it happens sax [or me ] goes out of tune on middle c# mouthpiece in a bit than a bit more then out a bit than out more [me think out the window doing me head in] brian [my teacher] laughing his head off said it happens all the time as soon as he press the record button all kinds off **** happens carry on laughing .Picks up his sax starts playing summertime & adding new riff's sounds like the devil calling the angels to play.Great now i do'nt just have the recording to do but got to put the new riff in because old wo'nt be as good thanks brian .

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I know exactly what you mean, it's like instant stage fright as soon as you start to record and everything goes to pot it happens to me every time I try to record or just play along with a backing track, so I've kind of abandoned the recording side of things until I'm more relaxed with my own playing so I don't have to consentrate on that side of things too much when recording, it's been a long haul but I think I'm getting somewhere near at last..good luck ...john

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Hi Tommy, welcome to the Cafe :)
Have fun practising riffs.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
What on earth happened to the original post by tommy about trying to record summertime that I replied to,I didn't sart this thread and now the start post has vanished?...john:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Two Voices

What on earth happened to the original post by tommy about trying to record summertime that I replied to,I didn't sart this thread and now the start post has vanished?...john:w00t::w00t::w00t:
More than likely Tommy deleted his original post thus making reply number 2 the original poster (that would be you ;} ), all replies remain. I believe the topic was in the wrong part of the forum - should have been in playing I believe.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Tommy's summertime post is now moved from the test area to the Breakfast room. No sign of a reply/replies, sorry.

Update: I've just worked out how to merge threads, so have pulled the oriignal post back in here. Have no idea how it got split out. Must be me, I'm the newbie.

BigMartin

I have a BM but really always wanted a Jag.... not sure which side of the fence to sit on!
We have a Mercedes but have been extremely unhappy with the after-sales service. Have been telling all my friends this so I thought I'd take the opprtunity to get my dig in here, too. Wouldn't touch them again, ever. Too depressing to go into the details but the dealerships we've dealt with in the Greater Manchester area have all been atrocious. Bordering on, or perhaps actually, criminal. Ugh!

Thought I'd feel better for that, but I don't. I need to listen to some Bechet.

Sunray

Dealers who don't ...

Sorry to hear that mate ... :(

I wouldn't wish those depressing sort of experiences on anyone - not even gladsaxisme :)))

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
We have a Mercedes but have been extremely unhappy with the after-sales service. Have been telling all my friends this so I thought I'd take the opprtunity to get my dig in here, too. Wouldn't touch them again, ever. Too depressing to go into the details but the dealerships we've dealt with in the Greater Manchester area have all been atrocious. Bordering on, or perhaps actually, criminal. Ugh!

Thought I'd feel better for that, but I don't. I need to listen to some Bechet.
They can't be any worse than VW dealers they even treat you like C**P when you've gone there to buy a car, and this is not a one off,on a number of occasions when I have been changing my car and looking at VW they have never treated me with anything more than complete indifference as if they would be doing me a massive favour by selling me one of there cars, and on one occasion they tried to get me to complete a comprhensive questionaire which delved deeply into my financial situation before they would even speak to me about any cars...UNBELIEVABLE...but true,,,john

ps maybe they didn't like the head gear

Last edited by a moderator:

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Every large car dealership seems to have the same attitude once you've bought the vehicle, if you ask for some help or advice they just want more money. Real customer service isn't considered even if the customer might not come back.
When my mercedes was a few years old it made a beep a few times when I started it, so I went to the dealer I bought it from new and asked what it might signify. The response was give us £60 to put it on the computer. So I left and a week later it refused to start because of a flat battery and I called their breakdown out to start it and bought a new one from Halfords.
The only exception to this is when I had my Toyota GT Coupe, that dealer could not do enough to help and answer questions or do small jobs for no charge. The difference was they were a long established family firm.

BigMartin

Every large car dealership seems to have the same attitude once you've bought the vehicle, if you ask for some help or advice they just want more money. Real customer service isn't considered even if the customer might not come back.
When my mercedes was a few years old it made a beep a few times when I started it, so I went to the dealer I bought it from new and asked what it might signify. The response was give us £60 to put it on the computer. So I left and a week later it refused to start because of a flat battery and I called their breakdown out to start it and bought a new one from Halfords.
The only exception to this is when I had my Toyota GT Coupe, that dealer could not do enough to help and answer questions or do small jobs for no charge. The difference was they were a long established family firm.
Our Mercedes "issues" have run into £thousands on air suspension compressors. Not to mention the stuff that has never been right since we bought the damn thing 10 years ago.

Jonners

Hello Tommy - not sure whether this is your welcome thread or something to do with Mercs - I think I have lost the plot a bit but welcome anyway.

Only been to L'pool a few times but really liked it. I'm a big fan of Paddy' Wigwam - from the inside at least.

Cheers
Ian

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom