support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Summertime ,trying out my new monitors

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Quick take on Summertime just to see how my new KRK monitors are like in a final mix.I can hear a big difference in the mixing down now.I have lowered my gain now when recording due to hearing the better natural sound in the KRK's
www.soundcloud.com/daveysax1

I'm not going to critique the song, but the sound is fabulous (I can't critique the song it's bloody great but that's not why you posted it)
I'm loving tho tone, the clarity, the expression and in general the mix sounds brilliant! Nice one mate. I recon I've got a few years before I hit your standard. Class!

I'm not going to critique the song, but the sound is fabulous (I can't critique the song it's bloody great but that's not why you posted it)
I'm loving tho tone, the clarity, the expression and in general the mix sounds brilliant! Nice one mate. I recon I've got a few years before I hit your standard. Class!

Thanks Taz,means alot and keeps me on my toes to work harder.

You always have a good sound but that's particularly nice. It's very balanced with an in the room feel to it. I can hear you expressing yourself more on this track than some of the others you've posted. You seem to be getting a lot of feed back from the sound you're creating and responding to yourself. I can hear you really exploring dynamics and tone. Who'd a thought a couple of speakers would make such a difference?

You always have a good sound but that's particularly nice. It's very balanced with an in the room feel to it. I can hear you expressing yourself more on this track than some of the others you've posted. You seem to be getting a lot of feed back from the sound you're creating and responding to yourself. I can hear you really exploring dynamics and tone. Who'd a thought a couple of speakers would make such a difference?

The player and playing is the same its now the fact that when i mixed this quick mess about i was now able to hear a more me sound so i mixed it to what i feel i sound like.Good studio monitors are not speakers but a great set of ears.Remember your only using the monitors for the playback of your recording and using there very natural levels to help you pick your final mix take..

Have you gone back just a short while and listened to the difference? This is truely amazing. Sounds lilke a live gig as you've matched the presence of the other instruments. Well done. This one I'd call more "chilled" than "Sunny".

Oh, and nice playing....

Have you gone back just a short while and listened to the difference? This is truely amazing. Sounds lilke a live gig as you've matched the presence of the other instruments. Well done. This one I'd call more "chilled" than "Sunny".

Oh, and nice playing....

Yea i agree,more chilled.The quick take i done on this i noticed i had the gain on half before but now i have it on less and its giving me a more me pure sound.Will do another later and see what its like.

Hey Davey, it's all good.Interesting, how hearing right makes all the difference..

Chris...

Hey Davey, it's all good.Interesting, how hearing right makes all the difference..

Chris...

I for 1 like my sound so hearing it when playing back my recording is the key so good studio monitors is the missing link now found.