support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Summertime,hurry up please...

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Not played much soprano the last month,busy busy so slapped reed on,pressed record,grabbed tenor,done the same.Very quick mess 15 minute mish mash,Summertime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow some absolutely superb individual sax playing on there! I'm not even qualified to comment on it!

For me personally, the only thing I'd say as a listener, is that to my ears there were too many saxes playing at once. Man if you can play like that all you need is a double bass and slushy drum track and minimum distraction from the one sax's wonderful song. But hey what do I know. Fantastic playing.

Brilliant :clapping:

I thought the two lines worked really well. I'm playing along to it right now...Thomas, if you thought 2 saxes were too much, you should hear it with 3 :D (actually, probably not...)

I thought the two lines worked really well. I'm playing along to it right now...Thomas, if you thought 2 saxes were too much, you should hear it with 3 :D (actually, probably not...)

My limited brain and underdeveloped jazz ears can only cope with so much at once.

Lol go on ask Davey if you can use it as a backing track and put it up for us to enjoy ;}

My limited brain and underdeveloped jazz ears can only cope with so much at once.

Lol go on ask Davey if you can use it as a backing track and put it up for us to enjoy ;}

Wouldn't bloody dare :D It'd be like taking a beautiful painting and getting your 4 year old kid to add in a painting of a cat...

I got all excited when I saw summertime - I thought you had some magic power to bring me some sunshine.

Anyway I was not disappointed when I played the tune - yet another very enjoyable recording, thank you.

Wow some absolutely superb individual sax playing on there! I'm not even qualified to comment on it!

For me personally, the only thing I'd say as a listener, is that to my ears there were too many saxes playing at once. Man if you can play like that all you need is a double bass and slushy drum track and minimum distraction from the one sax's wonderful song. But hey what do I know. Fantastic playing.

Thanks for checking it out.Its just a quicky little cheeky 1st take.Good to hear you enjoyed it.

I got all excited when I saw summertime - I thought you had some magic power to bring me some sunshine.

Anyway I was not disappointed when I played the tune - yet another very enjoyable recording, thank you.

Sorry no sun :( you never know it might push the sun to show its head.Thanks Timbo.

Cheers Sue,not long now till many months of wearing just shorts :) well for me :)))

Nice and easy pace/tempo with good space and spice. Got a little muddy at times with the two lines but @ 3:20 worked well. Nice pink panther quote. Great sop tone.

I'm just starting to feel a little cold in my shorts...oh no not long pants time again! Yea, we're moving into autumn. Which side would you rather be on.. looking forward to the warm or the cold?

Nice and easy pace/tempo with good space and spice. Got a little muddy at times with the two lines but @ 3:20 worked well. Nice pink panther quote. Great sop tone.

I'm just starting to feel a little cold in my shorts...oh no not long pants time again! Yea, we're moving into autumn. Which side would you rather be on.. looking forward to the warm or the cold?

Tell the truth i had no plans of making the track or posting it.I was testing out my sop chops really.Not touched my little curved baby in weeks.Pressed record to hear my intonation,sound and just kept going,played it back and thought i'll throw some soft tenor tones in and hey hows your uncles bent right leg !!!!!!!!!!! abit muddy here and there i agree.The main thing i'm rather pleased with is my sop chops have survived.You know yourself if you miss a while on the little devils you can tell.Good to hear you enjoyed it.Hey my wifes step father just landed over your neck of the woods yesterday for a new job.He's in Christchurch.Any where near you,not sure which island your on.

I hear you about needing to keep your chops up on sop. Got a gig tomorrow and just hope my sop chops are up to it as I haven't practiced much. Have a rehearsal tonight, so hopefully that will bring them up a little.

I'm in the North Island near Auckland. Christchurch is in the south and undergoing a remake after their earthquake. Much of the downtown area and a few suburbs are write-offs. I guess he has something to do with the re-build? Good for those who want the work, but it's all kind of strange to re-build in a place that is subject to liquefaction which intensifies the effects of earthquakes. They built the town originally as though it was part of jolly old England, bricks and mortar. Worst possible materials for earthquake country.

There's one of the world's worst faults that's not too far away from the city (which is not the one that caused the damage). Sort of equivalent to or worse than the famous San Andreas Fault in California. They never had a rigorous building code that took any of this into account. The town is only a 100+ years old but the attitude was like they had been there for thousands of years without an earthquake so all was OK. Well, it wasn't, and still isn't. They are rebuilding without engineers or the city taking any responsibility for saying that what's rebuilt will withstand any future earthquake. Insurance may be impossible. Mother nature is boss, always has been. They still don't get it in Christchurch.

I hear you about needing to keep your chops up on sop. Got a gig tomorrow and just hope my sop chops are up to it as I haven't practiced much. Have a rehearsal tonight, so hopefully that will bring them up a little.

I'm in the North Island near Auckland. Christchurch is in the south and undergoing a remake after their earthquake. Much of the downtown area and a few suburbs are write-offs. I guess he has something to do with the re-build? Good for those who want the work, but it's all kind of strange to re-build in a place that is subject to liquefaction which intensifies the effects of earthquakes. They built the town originally as though it was part of jolly old England, bricks and mortar. Worst possible materials for earthquake country.

There's one of the world's worst faults that's not too far away from the city (which is not the one that caused the damage). Sort of equivalent to or worse than the famous San Andreas Fault in California. They never had a rigorous building code that took any of this into account. The town is only a 100+ years old but the attitude was like they had been there for thousands of years without an earthquake so all was OK. Well, it wasn't, and still isn't. They are rebuilding without engineers or the city taking any responsibility for saying that what's rebuilt will withstand any future earthquake. Insurance may be impossible. Mother nature is boss, always has been. They still don't get it in Christchurch.

No he's there to start up a new thing which has been backed by your PM.He will be heading a new scheme to learn people new trades etc.He's there for 4 month then home for a short break then back again.

No he's there to start up a new thing which has been backed by your PM.He will be heading a new scheme to learn people new trades etc.He's there for 4 month then home for a short break then back again.

Sounds like your step father in-law will be in Christchurch for the start of winter - the problem with Christchurch it gets bl**dy hot in summer and bl**dy cold in winter.

The learning new trades sounds thing like part of the re-building process - at the pace they're going out the re-build should be finished in 2073 and payment shoud be completed in 2103...

Greg S.

Sounds like your step father in-law will be in Christchurch for the start of winter - the problem with Christchurch it gets bl**dy hot in summer and bl**dy cold in winter.

The learning new trades sounds thing like part of the re-building process - at the pace they're going out the re-build should be finished in 2073 and payment shoud be completed in 2103...

Greg S.

Still better than here,its cold and wet the whole year in good old blighty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he likes Rock and Roll. They still have hundred of "aftershocks". Many of the locals who went through the worst of it and hung in there have found that regularly being woken up by yet another earthquake and wondering if it will be another "big one" has put them continually on edge. People are still leaving just because their nerves can't take it anymore.

All the best to him. We all have great sympathy for the people of Christchurch, but are getting tired of the "officials" and those who should be responsible not taking blame, and (it seems) not making the hard decisions that could be necessary. The government just throws money at it and the rest of New Zealand is paying not only through taxes, but in huge increases in insurance. Rebuilding a city that probably shouldn’t have been built where it is, and giving no guarantees that it won't happen again is pretty dumb in my book.

:D This makes me happy, even though it's raining outside. Your playing sounds so effortless.

Very nice playing as always Davey.. " Tenor Borgani Pearl Silver Jubilee/ Lebayle LR 8* mp & SR Tech Pro 115 mp" Has someone got a new horn:shocked:??? Without telling us all>:)>:)??

This reminds me of a modern day Dixieland.

The Sop was pretty cool. Personally, the sop should have stood alone. The tenor is okay but it's clear
the sop is saying to the tenor.....Hey, get lost, this is my spotlight.....You had yours!

Good playing!