support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sugar! (The 4 DG's)

thesaxman71

Account Closed
After finally getting my collection together of my "perfect four" mouthpieces. They are all hand made original Dave Guardala's (as in the subtitle The 4 DG's)
I decided to showcase them all in this classic Jazz standard called "Sugar" (by Stanley Turrentine)...
This is a take with a more modern feel and some of my own harmonic touch added. It features solo's on each saxophone so you can hear the mouthpieces individually, I went for extended soprano and baritone solo's followed by the tenor and alto exchanging "4's'
Here is a list as follows of each Guardala model mouthpiece I am using:
soprano sax - "studio" (an early rare 2 digit serial number)
Alto sax - "studio" (very clean and focused sound, early model with a 3 digit serial number)
Tenor sax - "super king" (brightest and easily the most powerful of the tenor range)
Baritone sax - "king" (this actual mouthpiece was originally made for and owned by Tom Scott).

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrH18n5qbNU
Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/ian-t-thesaxman71/sugar-the-4-dgs

Last edited:
After finally getting my collection together of my "perfect four" mouthpieces. They are all hand made original Dave Guardala's (as in the subtitle The 4 DG's)
I decided to showcase them all in this classic Jazz standard called "Sugar" (by Stanley Turrentine)...
This is a take with a more modern feel and some of my own harmonic touch added. It features solo's on each saxophone so you can hear the mouthpieces individually, I went for extended soprano and baritone solo's followed by the tenor and alto exchanging "4's'
Here is a list as follows of each Guardala model mouthpiece I am using:
soprano sax - "studio" (an early rare 2 digit serial number)
Alto sax - "studio" (very clean and focused sound, early model with a 3 digit serial number)
Tenor sax - "super king" (brightest and easily the most powerful of the tenor range)
Baritone sax - "king" (this actual mouthpiece was originally made for and owned by Tom Scott).

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrH18n5qbNU
Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/ian-t-thesaxman71/sugar-the-4-dgs

Great Video Saxman and your normal high standard of playing.
Perhaps , when you finish with the Yamaha Tenor you will invest in a 10M {JUST JOKING}
I am enjoying my 10M at the moment, a bit different to my 32. That is now sold.
BTW. Thanks for posting.

As said on sotw very nice production and show case of the mean 4.... Tom Scotts mp, well yours now, lol... sounding bad ass, HUGE. Enjoyed it dude.

there is an argument for not wasting time on demos and just focussing on the finished article, but often the division between demo and finished version is pretty blurred these days - a good take on a demo just gets copied and pasted into the final mix, or a good demo gets tweaked until it sounds good. Sometimes you just can't reproduce the spontaneous vibe of the original demo.
Obviously if you're planning on hiring a real rhythm section for the final album then it's good to have all the wrinkles ironed out at the demo stage, particularly if there's any complex arrangements - it saves a lot of time and money

there is an argument for not wasting time on demos and just focussing on the finished article, but often the division between demo and finished version is pretty blurred these days - a good take on a demo just gets copied and pasted into the final mix, or a good demo gets tweaked until it sounds good. Sometimes you just can't reproduce the spontaneous vibe of the original demo.
Obviously if you're planning on hiring a real rhythm section for the final album then it's good to have all the wrinkles ironed out at the demo stage, particularly if there's any complex arrangements - it saves a lot of time and money
I agree, as i done many demos that ended up as final mixes, anyway just happy you listened to my demo...
Ian

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom