support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Misc, Other Straight Tenor

This thread has reminded me of Rob Verdi playing Gabriel's Oboe on the straight F Mezzo Alto Conn-O-Sax that I heard in person recently. I wonder if the straight alto would get a similar sound a step higher if it had the English Horn type ball on the end. It kind of makes me want to buy a straight alto and put a ball on the end to find out.

Richard Elliot was (is?) a LaSax player (endorse). LaSax constructed, in the 90's, both straight altos and tenors in USA but they were made in ROC. I don't know who did thier horns? So maybe RE is playing a LaSax?

Straight tenor must be a pain to carry around. But its sound quality allows you to put a microphone somewhere, equalize it, add some reverb, post the recording on youtube.... So it can sound like, well... a saxophone.

The revolutionary idea would be to have a straight version too.
Looking forward to seeing the straight bari, though.

Straight tenor must be a pain to carry around. But its sound quality allows you to put a microphone somewhere, equalize it, add some reverb, post the recording on youtube.... So it can sound like, well... a saxophone.

The revolutionary idea would be to have a straight version too.
Looking forward to seeing the straight bari, though.

Amati made 3 straight baris. Nice!?!
http://www.saxpics.com/buescher/truetone/straight-bari.htm

This thread has reminded me of Rob Verdi playing Gabriel's Oboe on the straight F Mezzo Alto Conn-O-Sax that I heard in person recently. I wonder if the straight alto would get a similar sound a step higher if it had the English Horn type ball on the end. It kind of makes me want to buy a straight alto and put a ball on the end to find out.
I heard John Harle playing a straight alto (by Keilwerth, I think) a year or so ago. It did have that kind of cor-anglais-ish quality on the low notes.

Richard Elliot Endorses Sax Dakota Straight tenors (and the regular ones too). I do not believe he is involved with LA Sax any more.

Tim Price told me that he played the Dakota straight tenor at the NAMM show this year and he had to have it. I don't know if he is going to endorse them or not but there might be some clips out there for promos and stuff.

Sax Dakota.

Richard Elliot Endorses Sax Dakota Straight tenors (and the regular ones too). I do not believe he is involved with LA Sax any more.

Tim Price told me that he played the Dakota straight tenor at the NAMM show this year and he had to have it. I don't know if he is going to endorse them or not but there might be some clips out there for promos and stuff.

Sax Dakota.

The man behind LaSax, Peter LaPlaca, is nowdays behind Sax Dakota. I didn't knew that they sold straight tenors.

Back
Top Bottom