Subscriptions and donations are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

Stolen Mark VI Alto #86188 & Selmer clarinet #N3760

rhysonsax

Perhaps you could introduce yourself on the forum and give some more details about this.

It's not clear to me where you are based (Colorado or France), whether these are your two instruments that were stolen and what you mean by "I will buy, no questions".

Rhys

OP
D

detepa

Thanks! Im Dexter Payne, based in colorado. My instruments were stolen while on tour in France with Lionel Young Band.

Will buy,, no questions - means exactly that. If you have purchased these horns, I will pay you for them. No questions asked. I have no interest in getting someone in trouble, I just want my very personal tools back.

I have played that 1960 Mark VI since 1972, almost my entire professional career. The 1949 N series clarinet for only 10 years. This is a sax forum - you all know its an intimate connection. And they are my means of earning a living.

I posted everywhere I could in Europe. Just home a couple weeks and I found this site. Thanks for asking!

Ps- The iPad in the case was tracked to Algeria...so the horns could be literally anywhere

OP
D

detepa

Pps- My friends have created a GoFundMe and I am actively shopping for instruments, given the likelihood of actually recovering the old ones. I will replace them with even better ones!

randulo

22 months since I began - 3.5% of my adult life
Subscriber
I totally get it. A custom made guitar was stolen from my car years ago. Probably two years later, the guy who made that instrument found it in a pawn shop and bought it! I don't recall what he did with it, but I think I was not around or he somehow sold it. I'm happy for the resolution. There were other items in that same theft that were even more unique. A note signed by Gala Dali.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom